People with aftermarket catted x-'s or h pipes

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Simple question, did you notice any gain? Was there a difference in the tone of your car or how loud it is? Im thinking about buying a magnaflow catted x pipe

stang94X

Reaction score
i first had an h-pipe on my car and it was a loud lower tone rumble from idle to WOT and after that i put a bassani x-pipe w/cats on it and at idle its noticable quieter than the h-pipe, while at low rpm's it sounded like air was hissing through my exhaust but at little over 2000 rpm's it started getting louder and more of a deep tone, but now i have cut the cats out and it is just a little rumble at idle , still sounds like its hissing and its way louder at WOT, as for performance, i never noticed any difference between the three, but for me switching out exhausts is minimal in power different cause of everything else that is done to the car, but on a fairly stock car with minor bolt-ons there is probably a good difference between what exhaust set-up you go with, but just out of what i've heard and read it is that h-pipes are good for sound and x-pipe are good for power

Suspect

Reaction score
butt dyno said i gained, but then again it could just be that the car was louder. making me think it was actually faster. :dunno: :D

thorco3

Reaction score
Suspect said:
butt dyno said i gained, but then again it could just be that the car was louder. making me think it was actually faster. :dunno: :D

I think your butt dyno is full of shi*

:rollinglaugh: haha, sorry, I couldn't resist...

I would actually agree with you on the louder part. For me it was like, ooh man the car sounds good, now I have to drive around wot all the time so everyone else can here it too, lol. I have an o/r x pipe on my car and it definately opened up the exhaust. Hard to describe but you will probably be very happy with any aftermarket midpipe. As far as power though... prolly not enough to notice imo.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow catted X-pipe on my 95 GT. It is louder than the factory H-pipe with four cats, and the car does seem to pull a bit better. When I get back home (I'm on vacation) I could take it to the track to tell you if I really picked up any power. I think I can probably get a mph out of it or so.

Paul.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Simple question, did you notice any gain? Was there a difference in the tone of your car or how loud it is? Im thinking about buying a magnaflow catted x pipe
I think my Bassani X sounds great. Has more of a refined sound than the harsher H pipe. I like the intimidation factor an H pips has as far as sound, but the X has a sort of "Farrari" sound... Goota hear it to know what I mean. Don't get me wrong tho.. still has the distinctive 5.0 sound! O0 :lol:

S

scarface

they give sound def., and it may not feel like alot of power, however the open exhaust is utilized in making power with other "breathing" mods..heads, cams, intake...

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
the car must remain catted for emissions purposes, so if i buy a h or an x it MUST be catted.

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
i have a bassani x catted and it seemed to give it a higher tone and a little more power.

Suspect

Reaction score
i also have the bassani x and have passed emissions with it twice.

Downshift

Reaction score
The o/r is much more louder low end. Go offroad its a no brainer man really, the tough choice is h or x.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i have driven my car with the stock h pipe and my bassani catted x pipe and i notice a huge difference in how restricted it feels. The x pipe has 2 hi flow cats on it and they are pretty much pointless i failed smog hirribly when i tried to pass it with it on there. And then when i put the stock h pipe on i passed with flying colors.

Downshift

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
Yeah i have driven my car with the stock h pipe and my bassani catted x pipe and i notice a huge difference in how restricted it feels. The x pipe has 2 hi flow cats on it and they are pretty much pointless i failed smog hirribly when i tried to pass it with it on there. And then when i put the stock h pipe on i passed with flying colors.

Yep Im so proud of my whore little stock h pipe. Its kept two stangs on the road already puts a tear in my eye haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.