PI intake gains on a S/c'd 97 GT??

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
recently just got my car back from having the Mongoose Kit SQ trim put on. I put down 315rwhp and 360tq. This is through an auto and completely non pi heads/cams/intake. My next step is a Pi intake manifold swap from livernois motorsports. I was just wondering if anybody has done the swap on a blown 97 GT and about how much of a gain they got? I was told that i may even see gains of close to 30-35rwhp, now this seems high to me, but any experience/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well considering how restrictive the damn intake is I would be suprised..hell you make close to 20 rwhp n/a why not 40 with a supercharger?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would have put it on before the blower...you would see more gains if the car was tuned with the PI intake on.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i'm going to get it tuned once i get it on...my tuner charges next to nothing for retunes so im going to get the intake and get the car retuned

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i guess only time will tell...once i get it on and dynotunes ill let everybody know the results!!! man the pleasure of being the guinny pig :D

96sohc

Reaction score
Hopefully this will boost your spirits....
I made ~20rwhp with JUST the LMS kit and a basic SCT tune, thats with a minimal bolt-on automatic GT; and this was WITH all 6 stock cats.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
What is the lms kit?
livernoismotorsports.com

they sell the kit for the entire PI intake manifold swap...i think it is overpriced, but that is just my opinion. especially since i got a PI intake manifold w/ the aluminum crossover for $66 shipped..i lub the Ebay

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i was originally going to go the ebay route, until a buddy of mine had a problem with his leaking. I decided to not ghetto rig it and do everything right the first time. Thats awesome to know, you gained 20rwhp through your setup...maybe 35rwhp isnt far from my reach?? :boink:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
i'd say you'll probly pickup 40rwhp if not more. I'd go ahead and do the PI cam swap too if you dont want to get a set of comp or crower cams. If you do both, i'd be willing to bet you'll pickup 75+ rwhp from the intake and cams.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Cam wise, I'm going to go with a custom grind blower cam from MPH

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd think around 30, under boost. the IM is restrictive fo sho.
Your next limiting factor is the Cam and short lift on the valves.

For comparison, I put donw about the same HP SAE corrected - NA with ported PI's and cams, through my auto.
just to show the restriction that the NPI's have. Not knocking your new blower, I'm sure it feels great.
My cousin did the same thing on his 98. He had the V2SQ on his NPI for a few years. recently added the headswap.

I personally wouldn't do the IM with that expensive adaptor, I'd do the PI Headswap. Even with the stock cams, you would gain
around 80 more HP on the same boost, maybe have to turn it down.
Having said that, if $$'s a factor (which it always is) some is better than nothing!
Good luck.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thanks, the reason im not doing the headswap is because of the compression factor. I'm already running 10.3 lbs of boost. If i was running 6 lbs i might consider it, but this car is my dd. There's no way my car would last very long with an increase in compression and 10 lbs of boost. I think the manifold/cam/intercooler setup will get me to where i want to be.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
get the rotating assembly to drop the compression?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha im an 18 year old college student...good guess lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member