PI question...(not answered in the other threads)

Schiffy

Reaction score
Ok, i've got a question regarding the PI swap... I read through all the stickies on the PI stuff, and i'm not finding what i'm looking for...
A buddy of mine has a '97 GT, and he purchased, heads, intake, cam, exhuast manifold, and O/R H-pipe off a '04 GT, the plan is to take the heads to have them P&P'd, purchasing a set of Comp Cams, and a Typhoon intake, new TB and PLenum, HOWEVER for now, just the PI heads and intake with the comp cams are what he's doing, is there somewhere we can get a new gasket set? also, i heard something about needing a different kind of bolts, is it true that his stock bolts won't work?
all these parts came off a buddy of ours' '04 GT thats now sporting Stage 2 P&P Patriot heads, typhoon intake, throttle body, and plenum combo, with Comp Cams, and breathing through Longtubes, my buddy got a great deal on his PI stuff, thats why he decided to go with it. any help on this would be great, really we just need to know where to get the gaskets, and whether or not we'll need new bolts.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
As long as you are using Ford bolt's, you'll always need new ones. Go with the advice above and pick up a set of ARP bolt's, they'll pay for themselves eventually.

Dusstbuster

Reaction score
Also, if he already bought the typhoon manifold tell him to go throw it in a lake and buy either a regular plastic PI manifold w/ aluminum crossover or a P51/Bullit/Trickflow manifold. Typhoons have issues with fitment and flow no better than a regular old plastic PI manifold with the aluminum crossover, they just cost $200 more.

Fryrice

Reaction score
You CANNOT re-use the head bolts,cam gear bolts or crank bolt. They are all TTY.I dint know why people spend money on that Typhoon junk.

He will need head gaskets ,valve cover gaskets,intake manifold gaskets ,crank shaft seal. Though the crank seal may still be in good condition its only a couple bucks. You wanna go new on these things cuz they are gonna be stuck when you pull everything.

Randy on MD has the entire swap kit .Its pricey but it has everything you will need to do the swap and will save you a ton of headaches.. Except hand tools of course.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
But studs really arnt needed until your running alot of boost, or are running the motor N/A with a lot of compression!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online