PI swap questions

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by dutman98, Nov 29, 2006.

1. dutman98

dutman98 Active Member

I wanting to do the swap and to get the job done the right way while im doing it. I was wondering if anyone would like to share there knowledge with me. I want to get them ported and polished I also wanna put some aftermarket cams in. I plan on adding nitrous at the same time and top it off with a tune. Any suggestions for where to get my heads? should I even get my heads p&p. how about cams? I do plan on getting a stall. Sorry I got so many questions. Theres just so many diffrent choices to make when it comes to doing the swap :-\

2. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Getting everything done right the first time is a good idea! I did the swap with stock parts and it was great but found myself adding ported heads and cams just a year later.
    You can get a complete PI swap kit with P&P'd heads and better cams from www.steenracing.com they have complete stock PI kits with all the upgrades you want. Give them a call and tell them what you want to do.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

How much power are you shooting for?

NA or blower?
    You wanna do cams too?

:)

4. 98armygt

98armygt New Member

ive talked to the guys at VT before about cams with a port job on my heads. they said that their stage 2 na cams love the spray. thats one of my next projects for my car. but with anything above a stage 1 youll need different springs and valves.

5. dutman98

dutman98 Active Member

[ have aquote author=DropTopPony link=topic=5470.msg75464#msg75464 date=1164810128]
    Getting everything done right the first time is a good idea! I did the swap with stock parts and it was great but found myself adding ported heads and cams just a year later.
    You can get a complete PI swap kit with P&P'd heads and better cams from www.steenracing.com they have complete stock PI kits with all the upgrades you want. Give them a call and tell them what you want to do.
    [/quote]

yeah I checked them out. I'm going to give them a call.

quote author=Dalamar link=topic=5470.msg75475#msg75475 date=1164814875]
    How much power are you shooting for?

NA or blower?
    You wanna do cams too?

:)
    [/quote]

I'm thinking for now I wanna do nitrous. I also wanna do somewhat of a aggressive cam - I plan on doing a stall. can I aggressive cam with nitrous? I love that lope sound :thumb:

quote author=98armygt link=topic=5470.msg75545#msg75545 date=1164838463]
    ive talked to the guys at VT before about cams with a port job on my heads. they said that their stage 2 na cams love the spray. thats one of my next projects for my car. but with anything above a stage 1 youll need different springs and valves.

cool..... I'm going to have to call them too. thanks
    [/quote]

6. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I love cam lope too. Love the sound of mine. :D

Yes you can, once you pick a cam supplier, they will recommend a grind for your set up.

For the nitrous, check these guys out:
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

Staul will make your car feel much better too!