(PICS) How to polish New Edge PBR calipers

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I figured I would post a little "how to" on the way I polished my set of PBR calipers. Mainly so people could see what goes into polishing your own calipers. Didn't think this should be in the how to section since there are plenty of resources on how to polish

Picked up a set of PBR calipers off of a 04' GT for $30. Not bad, but they weren't clean to say the least.

First step, used a wire brush attachment on a cordless drill to clean them up a bit

PBR logo, casting lines and marks that are to be removed shown below. The PBR logo could've stayed, but wanted to take it off for a cleaner look and also makes it a heck of a lot easier for sanding

All logos and casting marks removed with using 220 grit on a orbital sander and also block sanding/hand sanding with 180 grit

Next step, 400 grit

Next, 800 grit

Next, wet sand with 1000 grit

Next, wet sand with 2000 grit

After this I polished the calipers with Meguires metal and aluminum polish, then paint

And thats it....final pics

OP
OP
BMAC96GT

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
damn, that looks incredible. how long did the polishing take?

Appreciate it. Gradually moving up to higher grit sandpaper and then polishing with a compound doesnt take much time at all. The time consuming part is the initial grinding and sanding to get all of the casting marks out of the calipers. That took forever. Not really sure the total time for both calipers though, I worked on them for a couple hours each day for 3 or 4 days though

Goldmember

Reaction score
Damn. I might just leave them on a shelf to admire, would feel guilty to get them dirty.

02GT

Reaction score
You've inspired me, i just snagged a set and ill be doing this sometime this weekend and finishing it up probably mid next week, ill post up some pics as well.

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
I did mine back in 04ish and just to let everyone know, they still look great. No need to worry about the shine not lasting long.

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
Are those calipers a decent upgrade over the stock set?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online