pics of 275-40-17's on stock wheels?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i just put 265/35/18 on my car an they look like rubber bands...definetely will go with a 40 series tire next time. or it could be that falken runs small. :-\

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess red neck america is turning into cheap asses....want the wide tire but are too cheap to be the rims :hammer:

OP
OP
N

NotQuik

Reaction score
wow, this thread blew up. Any pics of the 285 on the 8" rim just out of curiousity? Your not the first and only running that either and i've heard of 315's on 9" wheels as well (friend of mine just did this on his 03 cobra and it looks great IMO). I think you all for your opinions and I agree with what you are saying but SRT Handz hit the nail on the head with wanting wide tires but not wanting to buy the rims. I need tires currently and WANT wider but can't quite pull off new rims yet. In time though, just other obligations. If I want traction I have prostars for hte track and my car is not my daily either.

M.O.E

Reaction score
My cobra came with 275's out back 245's up front. I think the 275's don't look to bad has a little bluge.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread makes me vomit with igornance :mad:

r_suh

Reaction score
Picture068.jpg

hope this helps! tires are 275/40/17 Yokohama ES100

i also have a buddy that has the exact same forest green as you and the same rims as well.. he is also running the same 275 tire as i am out in the rear. they will fit and look mean if thats what your after

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever i see bigger than a 255 on a 8 inch rim it makes me think "Cheap-ass"

I wanted to run 275's on my stang and really loved my stock wheels but i know that 275 is too big for a 8 inch rim and would have had to get my rims widened to pull that off properly.

...But if you track your car then custome widened rims are scary and could break.....So i just saved up and bought a 9 inch rim.

r_suh

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Whenever i see bigger than a 255 on a 8 inch rim it makes me think "Cheap-ass"

I wanted to run 275's on my stang and really loved my stock wheels but i know that 275 is too big for a 8 inch rim and would have had to get my rims widened to pull that off properly.

...But if you track your car then custome widened rims are scary and could break.....So i just saved up and bought a 9 inch rim.
yea i almost had a close chance on buying those 04 cobra wheels like yourself but RGS got to them first .... ARGH! lol.. i guess i will them them off cuz u don't like them :p :hammer:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if all your into is going fast in a straight line and getting off the line traction the oversized tires would be ok but if your into turning and overall handeling like alot of us are you need solid sidewalls and 275/285 on a 8" wheel won't do it. I have 285's on my 9.5" wheel and thats a perfect fit.

OP
OP
N

NotQuik

Reaction score
i agree, if i took turns I would get a smaller tire....i just drive it on the street more than anything though, and here in florida there's few to no good roads to take turns on. Track now and again but that's about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.