Please help!?!?!?! we are stumped!?!?!?!

03whipple

Reaction score
I just dropped a valve in my 03 Cobra and we are in the process of putting her back together- we just put the heads on and put the cams in and the cams are "GT supercar cams" we don't have any specs or anything about them and need to get the duration, install centerline, and such to degree the cams- we have called Ford racing, and Comp cams, and they don't know either- I've looked ALL OVER THE INTERNET and I've got nothing!?!?!?! please help me if you have any info on this matter. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Also...... We bought a Cloyes timing chain set and they told us to leave out the cam tensioners bc its in better time if you do!?!?! (or something like that) What do you think about that??????

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pm TT Saleen I'm pretty sure he's running gt super car heads

OP
OP

03whipple

Reaction score
thank you! ill try that now!!! anything helps!!! THANK YOU

massacre

Reaction score
I would set them up dot-to-dot and see where the centerlines are. You can measure the lift/duration then, and then put the centerlines where you want them.

A far as leaving out tensioners, I wouldn't do that. If I'm understanding you correctly, that is.

Curry_Hurry

Reaction score
Don't leave the tensioners out, for the love of God and all that is holy!!

Are you also asking for help on getting the valve back in the head as well? It's do-able if you have extreme patience and haven't rolled the engine over at all yet (risk of bending the valve)

BigBore96

Reaction score
You said you have the cloyes timing chain set? Which kit does it consist of? Does it have the adjustable secondary gears or an adjustable primary gear or both? Also, what about the crank gears. Are you running a stock or adjustable?

As far as some Gt cam specs. Pulled these from my files.

Ford GT Cam Specs:

• Intake: 197 deg duration 0.466 LIFT
  • Exhaust: 197 deg duration 0.456 LIFT
  • 114 deg lobe separation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.