Poorboys World Bold-N-Bright review and PB Trim restorer and Clearkote QS

wytstang

Reaction score
OK peeps I had a chance to clean up the stang and decided to do a review (show off :aresehole: )
First up PB BnB I started by cleaning the wheel with my Megs wheel brush and Quick and Easy (QEW) car wash soap. Then I dried the tires thoroughly with my Autogeek Mango mf towels. Using a foam paint brush (makes spreading it easy and even) I applied a thin line across the tip of the brush and "painted" it on (makes for less waste as well).
Before
Picture017.jpg

After
Picture026.jpg

Next up one of the best products I used is PB Trim restorer. I made sure during the wash that I really cleaned the trim so to have a good surface to work on. I used a mf towel but would recommend the foam paint brush technique, the mf towel absorbed it more then spread it around (I used a foam paint brush before and it worked spreading it better) so I used more then last time :-[. Using the mf towel and using as little as possible product I started with nice and even stroks over lapping each other slightly. If your trim is in really bad shape (like mine) it will streak at first you just need to let it sit of about 10 min then go over the area again. I did 2 coats to ensure full coverage and my trim was really faded and needed it.
Before:
Picture022.jpg

Picture021.jpg

After (2 coats and buffed 10 min after last coat to ensure removal of any excess)
Picture024-1.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Here a during application snap shot:
Picture023.jpg

I also used for the first time since bought Clearkotes Quick Shine quick detailer and I must say I was very impressed at the gloss and wetness (also WOW) factor after use. I sprayed a mist of QS to each panel and buffed using my PB mega plush mf towel.
Picture027.jpg

Any comment welcomed...

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya that trim restorer looks like it works great, I usually just use Mothers Back to Black since I can pick it up locally and its fairly cheap...you tried that before to compare to it?

How do you like the quickshine compared to other quick detailers you have tried (and which have you tried?)

Car looks great man! Thanks for the reviews.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
I haven't used any other trim restorer I picked this one up during a huge PB sale that he through on detailcity.org (everything half off). I've tried PB Sray and gloss and Megs #34 final detail and now QS and QS has added more of a wet look then PB but PB added more of bright shine to the car, Megs #34 (it been a while) but from what I remember was pretty good at adding a nice bright shine as well. PB just seems more intense compared to Megs. Not sure which I like better QS or S&G they both have something I like either a bright/demanding shine or a wet look. You could see more of a differnce in your color then I can, but from what I've read on autopia QS seems to darken darker paints more then S&G does.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
When my wifes 07 Fuzion arrives in Dec I can start review/using product that look good on dark colored vehicles. She's getting a dark blue which I'm going to have fun with ;). Hey if money isn't tight and S&G goes on sale some where you should try it and see how you like it, it's a bit cheaper then QS but I'm really liking it right now....

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I would have to agree that the quickshine is good stuff. I use the quickshine on my deep forest green 95 gt almost daily (damn dust!!!)and i love it. I would agree that it gives it more "pop" and looks deeper. I used klasse aio then 3 layers of klasse sg then topped it with p21s wax and the quickshine adds to the "wow" factor of it. I need to get some trim restorer as mine is not in too good of shape... thinking of painting the mirrors deep forest green instead though we will see.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin good wytstang.

I put that trim detailer on Spyders car, and my truck last weekend. Looks good, not greasy shiny, but looks good.
I liked it.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Yeah it works great and I love the coconut smell. Last time I used it it lasted about a month so it's pretty durable

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wytstang said:
Yeah it works great and I love the coconut smell. Last time I used it it lasted about a month so it's pretty durable

A month........thats pretty good, is this in out side weather such as rain.

OP
OP
wytstang

wytstang

Reaction score
Yup outside 24/7 (about a month) I'll post progress every 2 week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah