Possible Future Project

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Just gaging some interest here but I MAY have an opportunity to get a 98 cobra shell for $300.... But literally just a shell. It's in good condition just needs paint.... I'm thinking of snagging it and hiding it away till I finish my car... what do you guys think? Should I do it or not? I think for $300 I might as well lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So basically no wheels, brakes, suspension, motor, tranny, driveline, axles, fuel system, electronics, and interior?

If it's just a frame and some body panels, what do you see out of it, especially since you own a new edge..

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'd prolly go for it if you can get a title and all the documentation. Just think about it....if it's a shell, the possibilities are endless as to what you can do with it.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I have a spare rear end for it. But yes that's pretty much it. I think it would be a fun project car to put either a 99/01 or 03/04 cobra motor in and build it little by little. Obviously I don't need it finished anytime soon with having my new edge. Idk It's just an idea right now man. Still in the thought process

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'd prolly go for it if you can get a title and all the documentation. Just think about it....if it's a shell, the possibilities are endless as to what you can do with it.

My thoughts exactly. And it's a legit cobra. I hope it has paperwork otherwise I might say no

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
sn95 forums donation. at the $300.00 level you get a coffee mug.

Or you could use that $300 for that sweet coffee mug.....

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say handle one project at a time.

Assuming you still live at home, save some of your extra cash for a house with a fancy garage :)

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
sn95 forums donation. at the $300.00 level you get a coffee mug.

Or you could use that $300 for that sweet coffee mug.....

Lol! Good point!

I'd say handle one project at a time.

Assuming you still live at home, save some of your extra cash for a house with a fancy garage :)

Yeah I still live at home. I don't have any plans of leaving till I'm about 25 because I've seen it way too many times of my friends moving out then moving right back home lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I were you I would pass. Sure $300 is cheap but the project will most likely take you years and will slowly but surely be sucking all your money away. Especially if you have to start a ground zero with a shell.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you save some money now you'll have a better chance of staying away from home when you move out :D

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
This is just a thought guys nothing is set in stone lol.. But I definitely see the validity in your points

96gt4.6

Reaction score
id buy it in a heart beat. pick up a wreaked cobra and swap everything onto the shell. I paid 2200 for a rolled cobra, at that price you would be into a cobra for 2500. cant buy a complete cobra for that price

96gt4.6

Reaction score
and at that price you could flip it and make a couple thousand to put into you current stang if that's what you would want to do

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My man! You read my mind I'm already checking for some wrecked SN's for parts! Shit I could scrap it for 300 if I don't want it... So It's looking like a good idea to me. Am I crazy? Yes maybe... But I have such a passion for cars I just can't pass up this kind of deal...................

EDIT: I just found a side wrecked for $1500 Mytsic.. The body is lost but the drivetrain and interior are mint... Yeah I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one and throw it in the corner for awhile.. It's yellow and just had all the body work done so it's got the primer on it... I'm going with triple black on it. Black outside, black inside, black wheels, black windows.... Truthfully a murdered out cobra is my dream car. And my dreams may come true if I can pull this off

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is hooking me up with it. Which is why I'm like eehhh YES! He's pulling the interior to put in his fox and he's gonna toss some wheels on it and fox seats and steering wheel so I can move it around... Dude this is a steal and a half... He also gets wrecks all the time... He'll hook me up. I'm getting a little antsy in my pantsy. Now I gotta tell my old man tomorrow LOL

RichV

Reaction score
So it's a roller? F*k yea, $300 is a steal.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it was me, I probably wouldn't build it because I don't see the point. I'd buy it just for the VIN and title, given that it's clean of course. Then I'd re-sell it and make a little bit. I guarantee that somebody who's trying to build a fobra will buy it from you just so they can have a legit cobra VIN.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
So it's a roller? F*k yea, $300 is a steal.

Ultimately yes it'll be a roller since he's throwing wheels on it. The seats and steering wheel will be out of a fox, but truthfully I could sell the wheels and the seats and wheel for $300 I'm sure. Which at that point would break me even right off the bat! My old man approves, thinks it's a great idea... So I guess we'll see how it goes man!

If it was me, I probably wouldn't build it because I don't see the point. I'd buy it just for the VIN and title, given that it's clean of course. Then I'd re-sell it and make a little bit. I guarantee that somebody who's trying to build a fobra will buy it from you just so they can have a legit cobra VIN.

I see we have a few differences in build idea's haha but nonetheless I see your point Charles. The title is rebuilt, but even so I can make money off it should I build it and want to flip it. And it wouldn't be a Fobra due to the fact that it's legit, just wouldn't be numbers matching. So if that makes it a Fobra, then yeah I guess you are right. I'm a car enthusiast, Mustangs in specific, and the wheels are turning in my head already as to what I can do to it. Definitely start by picking up a wrecked 96-98 Cobra and strip the interior and use it, as well as the drivetrain. Undecided if I wan't to shoot for an 03/04 motor but I can easily still make money on it by selling the drivetrain for a few grand if I don't use it (most likely no more than $3k for engine/trans/driveshaft, but who knows there are idiots out there LOL). It should be a lot cheaper than even building the turbo kit for my GT. BUT I still want my GT turbo'd so it's gonna be tough to decide what I want to do this year

Bottom line, I'm a Mustang guy to the core Charles. And I love the idea of building one off a roller man. I do see what you mean man and believe me should shit fall through I can make my money back, but for now I think it's full steam ahead :)

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Meh... if you're thinking about doing that ^ you might as well just hold out for a 99/01 cobra roller to pop up. You'll be much happier in the long run. You're a "new edge" kind of guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online