Possible Overdrive Problem

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Hi all.
Think I may have a problem with the auto box/overdrive? Overdrive kicks in ok, at the right time, but doesn't seem to disengage at the right time. When in overdrive and you start to slow down, I get a shaking/shuddering of the motor, like when driving a manual trans and you're in the wrong gear! Sound serious? Anything I can do/check, that doesn't involve dropping the trans? AODE by the way.
Thanks!

OP
OP
DeuxStangs

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
'Snap ring came off the mounting grove on the OD diode is my guess?' - How do I check this?

'Could be the tcc solenoid stuck too' - Did renew all the internal solenoids 5000k ago.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Open...Bite the bullit, It is sad but. When the decision is made it is an opportunity to UPGRADE. The new style friction disks are nice. Look up IWARRIOR around here and send him a message, he is a pro that can give you the right terms and advice so you can talk to the repair shop about what you want done. You are not making a drag car but you can do some upgrades that make it much more fun to drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeuxStangs

DeuxStangs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
Open...Bite the bullit, It is sad but. When the decision is made it is an opportunity to UPGRADE. The new style friction disks are nice. Look up IWARRIOR around here and send him a message, he is a pro that can give you the right terms and advice so you can talk to the repair shop about what you want done. You are not making a drag car but you can do some upgrades that make it much more fun to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online