Potential Owner Needing Advice

Bigbird

Reaction score
Hello all, very nice forum y'all have here. Not surprised there is a whole forum for the SN95. I'm looking at buying a 98 GT Convertable. A friend of a friend is having IRS trouble and has to dump some of his extra stuff. The car was his wife's play car she used a few times a year.

It has 97k original miles, leather, one owner, brand new transmission, great condition, garage kept and only a couple minor issues (pin hole leak in intake manifold, needs tires and an evap system issue).

The guy is willing to take $1800. My buddy had the same exact car cept a coupe in HS and I'm fairly fimiliar with wrenching on it. Plus this is my favorite body style and that 4.6 burble with the top down seems like motoring nirvana.

Does this sound like a good deal? Is there anything I should look at when I see it (out of town)? Thanks for any advice.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Id buy it... And i dont like converibles lol

couple things to look for:

rust under the trunk lid
inspect the sheet metal under any areas that have sitting leaves
front subframe rails (look for crushing)
rear torque box and floor panels (dents/crushing)

those are really the only areas that could make or break the deal for me. But if the car overall is really clean and still has a few of those issues, for the price of $1800, i would still likely buy it

neverenuff

Reaction score
And check the odometer, it always goes out on these cars and it could have more miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
All of that above. Then drive it then you'll really want it. Intakes aren't too expensive, ask if they have a logbook for maintenance. Hell I got that much money in my wallet where's it at I'll buy it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bigbird

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll be sure to check thoes areas out. I'm really siked to see it amd hopefully pull the trigger on it. I've been a a car nut since I was a kid and always wanted a mustang but never could make it work. This would just be a nice day cruiser in addition to my daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online