powered sub

Suspect

Reaction score
any good? i dont know jack about stereos. my cd player doesnt even work and speakers sound like poop. my girl wants to replace it all for me, but i dunno what i want. i want a nice deck, speakers and a 10 or 12. nothing fancy. i was looking at crutchfield and they have powered subs. so i wouldnt need an amp. i like that idea, cuz i dont want all the other crap. just something tucked in the corner nice and clean and sounds real good. trying to avoid a big box in the trunk. does anyone make a hidden speaker type setup?
:help2:

Doc_G

Reaction score
TBH man powered subs suck IMO. I'd go w/a decently priced headunit. A moderate amp and a nice boxed 10. Crutchfield while pretty to look at sucks bawls as far as pricing. Theres a guy on 3.8mustang.com selling his entire amp/box/speaker setup for like 285 shipped to your door.(two kenwood typhoon 10's i believe w/an 800 watt amp mounted to the box the speakers are in)

Then you spend what 200 tops on a Good headunit, get a decent wiring kit (another 20 or so bucks) and your all set for just over 400. Granted your not gonna have a ton of trunk space left over.. but your gonna have plenty of sound and I doubt you'll regret the money spent.

Also if your looking to upgrade your speakers...and wanna keep your total under 500, with the above info plus a good set of 6x8 or w/e (i cant remember the size off the top of my head) would run you an extra 40-60. I'd just do the doors and put the best set of stocks you have left in the rear deck. Not like anyone sits back there much any way right?

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah I would go with a pioneer deck i love how the EQ set up is on those decks and run some new speakers while your at it. I have a bazzoka tube which is what your talking about with the built in amp and stuff its ok its not for like crazy booming bass or but evens out the bass pretty nice. DO you have the MAch system cause that will make things a bit more difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online