Pretty much owned myself...

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I will tonight I Promise. I ran out of time yesterday and wont be able to get to it til 5ish tonight because of school. But all I have left is putting coolant in getting the dizzy in and marked up right and put the modified CAI back on haha. Ill let you all know later. Thanks.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Did you get the last piece for the "modified intake"? lol

94Vert

Reaction score
I bought some nice extractors from sears and they worked pretty good. I had a dakota and a bolt snapped off of one of the headers and allowing exhaust to leak out. If you have a good extractor it should be ok.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Im using my Mac CAI that is made for the SN95 but im trying to fit it to a fox style tb setup so I went to home depot and bought a 3 inch elbow that is the same exact size diameter as the CAI so it works perfectly so I called it modified haha. I couldnt get it started tonight something is up with the timing and the distributor being off but it was dark and I was hungry so I said screw it for now. But she is all put back together I just need to figure out this last bug and it will be running.

fast5oh

Reaction score
i didnt go to work today so i should be able to help ya out. there was no way i was driving that far for work thats just fucking crazy but what ever. we will get it running today man for sure. call me when you are out of school or what ever.

White_5.0_GT

Reaction score
ya she's all back together now...we just got to get it to start...call me if you need my assistance...

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago except the bolt was on the other side. I went looking for a set of left handed bits but couldnt find and so i found a drill out. It is a left handed bit and extractor in one. I drilled it out and then switched to the extractor and the ****** snapped off and no way was it coming out. Pulled the head off took it to a machine shop and $10 later the bolt was out. Got everything put back together in two long cold nights and so far no leaks. :banana:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago except the bolt was on the other side. I went looking for a set of left handed bits but couldnt find and so i found a drill out. It is a left handed bit and extractor in one. I drilled it out and then switched to the extractor and the ****** snapped off and no way was it coming out. Pulled the head off took it to a machine shop and $10 later the bolt was out. Got everything put back together in two long cold nights and so far no leaks. :banana:

Haha at least you got it out man. I was NOT willing to yank that head. Anyway I got it running so far no leaks. I did have a little scare though.... the bolt is right next to the thermostat housing and when I was filling the car with coolant I saw a puddle forming. At first I thought it was that. Turns out the thermostat housing was cracked so when I took it off it came off in two pieces. Put my old one on so far so good.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well if you dont have any leaks id go buy a lottery ticket asap. actually you dont have to yank the head. if ya know anyone with a welder im sure they could get it out w/o pulling the head.

hipo50mustang

Reaction score
one thing that I have had to resort to in the past when an extractor wouldnt work is to take a socket just a hair larger than the bolt and pound that muther on as far as it will go and then hook a ratchet to it and with a breaker bar and pray. :dancing6: Worked a few weeks ago on a header bolt on my dodge truck that snapped off. Ruins the socket, but if it is a craftman, they will take it back and replace it. just another thing that works. :thumb:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
hipo50mustang said:
one thing that I have had to resort to in the past when an extractor wouldnt work is to take a socket just a hair larger than the bolt and pound that muther on as far as it will go and then hook a ratchet to it and with a breaker bar and pray. :dancing6: Worked a few weeks ago on a header bolt on my dodge truck that snapped off. Ruins the socket, but if it is a craftman, they will take it back and replace it. just another thing that works. :thumb:

Ya thats not to bad of an idea, the bolt was about an 1/8th of an inch inside the hole though so there was no getting anything on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online