Problem with JetSeal 109

Scitec

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I test EZ Creme and Jet Seal on my wintercar. I polished my car with Menzerna PF2500 and a rotary polisher and finished the polish with a SF4000 and a dual action polisher. After that I use Menzerna Spray to make it free of fat and silicon and buff it of with a MF-Towel. Then I use EZ Creme with a Dual Action polisher (Speed between 1 and 2) and a blue Hexopad. After that I buff it off with a MF-towel. Then I used Jet Seal 109 with a Dual Action polisher and a red Hexopad (Lowest Speed "1"). I put it on, wait 15min and buff it off. After that, I wait 20 min before I used the next Jet Seal 109 coat. The car looked very very shinie and the beading was perfect!!!! But after 2 Weeks ( I didn't washed it) there were no beading. So I washed my car with Glossworkz and dry it. Then I test the beading again and I must notice that there was no beading anymore. Is there no Jet Seal on my car now?

-Fabian

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jetseal requires 2 coats, and I usually put a wax on top of it.
I think CG recommends a longer dry time, not sure.

You could post this in their section and get a response from them.

OP
OP
Scitec

Scitec

Reaction score
Hi Dalamar,

I put 2 coats on my car. I didn't put Meq #16 wax on, because I want to see how long it last.

I wrote CG an Email. They wrote :

"Hi Fabian,

I'm not sure whats had happened. I recommend stripping everything down and start the sealing process again. But this time do not use a machine to apply the Jet Seal, apply a thin coat to surface let rest for about 30 minutes, wipe off, let the surface rest for another 30 minutes and apply a second coat and follow the initial step.

Thanks,

CG"

I will try this and let you know if it works. But on the hood I will test it again with machine and let it dry longer.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
put two coats on mine last year and have not had a problem since. I apply it by hand but remove it with an orbital polisher rather then a high speed buffer. I think I left it for an hour before taking it off but not sure now.

ChemicalGuys

Reaction score
At CG, we recommend at least a 20-30 min dry time for jetseal. We have had great success with 2 coats with 1 hour dry time between each coat.

Before you apply EZ creme glaze, make sure the surface is 100% clean and free of oils. You can achieve this by giving the surface a wipedown with 91% isopropyl alcohol diluted 1:1.

If you would like to ensure a very strong bond between Jetseal109 and the painted surface, i might recommend using Vertua Bond 408 instead of EZ Creme. Vertua Bong 408 is a very strong bonding agent which allows the sealant or wax to gran to the painted surface better. This will also ensure longer protection from jetseal109

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online