Project: Blown out of Proportion....

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well, decided a project thread would be in order, and figured a few folks would like to see the progress on this thing, so here goes.

Well, traded my vert that some of you might have seen in my projects thread, along with another coupe I had, a red 90. I had sold all the blower, engine, 6spd, etc, off my vert and put a mild combo with a T5 back in it. Here's what I got:
464c17aac352f9b.jpg

464c17abe7475df.jpg

464c17abe770d12.jpg

464c17abe79d953.jpg

464c17aac3a9487.jpg

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
So, the engine is a Dart Iron Eagle 9.5 deck block, 427 cubes, Dominator stroker kit from Probe, 4.125" bore, H beam rods, TFS R heads, ported by me, TFS R box intake, 60 lb injectors, TFS rocker arms, Probe Rocker girdle, 75mm throttle body, 2" Kooks custom stainless headers, custom grind solid roller cam, solid lifters, canton pan, etc. It's a beast. TKO 600, Mcleod bell, rear is an 8.8 with gun drilled and star flanged 33 spline axles, spool, 3.73 gear, TFS rear girdle. F1R procharger, with sheet metal intercooler. It's a beast, got a 10 point moly cage in it too. kirkey seats, aerospace race brakes, on and on. Sweet ride.
464c17aac247604.jpg

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well roll bar pics as promised:
464c1a33c166901.jpg

464c1a33c1e7ef5.jpg

464c1a33c1bf89c.jpg

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
My first purchase for this project. Just could not stand to look at that back bumper cover any more! And I love Cheesegrater lights on a GT, just my taste. So picked all this up for 100 bucks delivered. All I need is the bumpercover and lights, so the rest of the stuff is just extra until I get the car painted and then I will sell off what I don't use.

464c2db55ed2766.jpg

464c2db55f0d4f7.jpg

464c2db55f3e9bb.jpg

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Ok, so a question, should I assemble the driveline and get it all running, then yank it out and let the painter go to it, or should I just yank the engine now and then get it painted and assemble it with a brandy dandy new paint job? Can't make up my mind.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Wow... awesome! What do you expect to run?

I agree on changing the bumper but I don't like cheesegrater tails. Insane fox though!

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Nice man!!! Glad to see this going now that luke has a boat, he wont be spending money on his car so this will keep youbuys. As far as the paint thing, get it all installed mocked up and then yank it out and get it sprayed

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I vote put it together and run it NOW. Paint it over the winter when you can't drive it anyway.

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am leaning towards getting it together and mocked up, then pulling apart. It actually has already had that done, i dunno. It's a tough choice. I like the idea of getting it done in the winter too, but the paint guy I use really doesn't have a great setup for winter painting, so I would rather get it done in the summer.

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
DESERTCOX05 said:
In Dayton there's nice enough weeks in the winter to be able to paint.
Sometimes, but usually not weeks, more like one or two days. I prefer to get it done in the summer, early fall, late spring time frame. I have a lot better luck with it. Thanks man.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
DESERTCOX05 said:
In Dayton there's nice enough weeks in the winter to be able to paint.
Sometimes, but usually not weeks, more like one or two days. I prefer to get it done in the summer, early fall, late spring time frame. I have a lot better luck with it. Thanks man.

just messin.
what kind on hp # are you expecting?

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well first with the small injectors and the HUGE pully, or as idiots mispell HUGH pully, I am expecting in the 600 hp range, maybe a little more, but less than 700. With the smaller pully and the over 100 lb hr injectors, then somewhere close to 1000 as I can get. The engine will take it, and the car is set up for it, so we'll see, lol.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Screw the haters, I love the cheesegrater taillights, they look sooo stealthy when pulled off right. I can't wait to see this running, should be a beast!

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, looking at an alternator for it now. BTW, the guy on corral that sells them, he's a tool! lol. I'm going to PA performance to get mine, had one of theirs on my vert, polished, and it worked great for 2 years of constant abuse. So I'm going to price one out and get it soon.
Still no decision on the paint first or later deal. I have decided I want a to the windshield cowl on it tho, for sure. The hinged cowl is really nice, but those to the windshield lift offs are the bomb to me. That does away with the cowl grille too.
Been looking for a clutch for it too. Also been contemplating a C4 for it as well. Just up in the air right now as far as what I want to do with it. Doesn't help being 9k miles away from it either, lol.

M1Tanker

Reaction score
Mike, I still say C4 the thing. When you get the 1k power rolling to it, she'll be a hand full. I'm just glad to see something happening to Bryce's forgotten project.

OP
OP
NXcoupe

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. When and if that guy comes to get his trans am outa my shop, all the forever projects will be gone finally. Going to stick with folks that are realistic with their goals and store their cars at their house and not my shop. Turning a corner in that aspect. I really want to get this going, think a manual will get me there quicker for now, then turn up the boost and see how she acts. Then probably go with a powerglide in it, if I go auto. I think a pg will keep the engine loaded more, and the boost up high, might see some better times out of it, but who knows?