Bought a stalled 95 GT project

• Thread starter Deleted per request
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Hey no that helps, i'll just take the rad out and see what I missed. Probably tucked in behind the rad support and I didn't notice it/them, Thanks again!

RossA81

Reaction score
I'm running the TSF 51403001. intake lift .499 exhaust lift .510.
I have the pushrod measuring tool but I was under the impression I would have been good with stock pushrods and rockers with this cam???
It's been a few years but I ran the TFS1 with stock pushrods and crane 1.7rr(oe Cobra) with GT40 irons and I did not have any issue. They were a little noisy but that is to be expected(remember stock Cobra valve covers were actually sound dampened!) For what its worth mine ran well and sounded great with that cam. Ran a best of 12.9 at 106.x in a 95GT 5spd with 4.10 and drag radials. Tuned with an old moates quarterhorse. Tune was basically just the 94/95 Cobra stock tune with EGR turned off and a few tweaks to the idle.

Nice project!

Ross

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Found the harness for the overflow and fan, some dummy(me)stuck then in the air filter fender hole.
So if i was to connect the egr and block the in tube from the exhaust would that work to keep the engine light off if the vacuum and sensor was all connected???YES??

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Well today was a great day as the GT fired up for my first time after 3 months of assembling and two days of troubleshooting!!!
Its funny at how you can be positive about something only to find out you're wrong. Timing out 180 degrees but it gave me the opportunity to test everything else to finally go back to what I thought was right.... and check timing!!! Still needs some tweaking as I needed to feather the throttle to keep it idling but hey it came back without throwing any codes. Some needed tuning to learn as this EFI is new for me vs carburetion.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well today was a great day as the GT fired up for my first time after 3 months of assembling and two days of troubleshooting!!!
Its funny at how you can be positive about something only to find out you're wrong. Timing out 180 degrees but it gave me the opportunity to test everything else to finally go back to what I thought was right.... and check timing!!! Still needs some tweaking as I needed to feather the throttle to keep it idling but hey it came back without throwing any codes. Some needed tuning to learn as this EFI is new for me vs carburetion.

Nice , I’ve been there before . Positive I had the distributor right years ago . My friend comes over re stabs it says try it and it fires off . Such a nice feeling hearing the car fire up for the first time in a while

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hey, im happy you got it figured out! I suspect your next thread postings will be videos of you doing some nasty burnouts!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online