Project: "Horse with no name"

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by tron2003, Aug 23, 2006.

1. tron2003

tron2003 New Member

Since everybody in here has the good 'ol 4.6 I was wondering what I should do next to my 96 GT (Horse with no name) Here's what I'm working with:

CAI
    SHIFT KIT
    3.73 GEARS GOIN IN FRIDAY NIGHT

Otherwise I'm constantly seeing 4.6 DOHC 4V all over on ebay and local engine shops.....I was wondering if anybody out there has personal experience in doing this swap. I've been looking at several engines out of Lincoln Mark VIII's so. What's the difference as far as internals are concerned with the Mark VIII motor and the Mustang 4V??????

2. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

ur list looks good, gears are the best!!!!, while the cai doesnt do much. everyboduy gets one at one point. the mark 8 engine difference??i know the crank is cast as opposed to the cobra being forged steel.the cams are milder and the intake manifold is different.other than that is all the same.

3. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Good luck with the additions, should make a big diff I prob would of gone steeper gears but they will still make be a big improvment.

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

If you dont have a tq converter get one.......its like putting 4:30's in a 5 speed 4 vavle :naughty: