Pull for Pull... Who Wins and by how much...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
If you had a KB VS a Vortech on a car and you ran them at the track... The cars same and lets just pretend they launch the same.... who will be victorious? Say both running same boost, non intercooled....

I mean, say just take my car for example. If i raced someone with the exact setup and I have the vortech and they had the KB, what would happen in the 1/4?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
what about procharger vs kb?
then
what about procharger vs vortech?

those are two i would really like to know. i like the cent. superchargers more than root styles.
its a big debate for me between procharger and vortech.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
that is debatable but I done alot of research before I purchased a supercharger and from what I found Vortech come out on top for my car. They are so close its just which one you want. But you can get an intercooler.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
so there is basically no difference between the vortech and the procharger setups.
why was vortech on top?
and what do you mean "but you can get an intercooler"
that statement is kinda broad

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
94-95 vortech's do not have a intercooler available. Procharger has to have the oil changed every 5k(make that 3k just like reg oil) and oil seals have a problem. Vortech you have to tap the pan(sounds bad but actually better do to more oil to cool it down) and the efficiency level is good. The price also made a difference and the install process.

ripper

Reaction score
Procharger comes with intercooler. Ive never had a seal problem. KB will get you from the hole but at the end you will be in front.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Three things.

1. By how much ish is the vortech faster?

2. Hows does the Blower circulate oil?

3. Can SN95's (94-95) get a intercooler..

ripper

Reaction score
Boost comes in on my car at like 3500 rpms. Ive got 4.10's so it dont take long lol. Ive neve changed the oil in my ps-1 :dunno:. Guess i should. I pulled the stick the other day and it was crystal clear. Procharger has a kit for every car.

95-stang

Reaction score
Looking at all the supercharger kits, which ones the easiest to fit, seems a big advantage is not having to poke a hole in the oil pan for the oil return, and having to take a feed off the block for starters? [if you dont mind me asking].

ripper

Reaction score
If you use a procharger set all your pipes first then set the intercooler. The hardest part is running your piping and moving little stuff around. You need to cut some of the wheel well out so 2 pipes can go threw it. And you may need to readjust the plastic thingy under your bumber. You also need to cut a hole in your engine bay above the wheelwell for the return piping to the intake. When you cut the hole for the return from intercooler to intake be sure to use some soft rubber around the cut hole. Hmm im tryin to think of all the little things that you dont think about before you do it. I have a bypass valve. The kits come with blow off valves. I changed it. Every time I reved the engine it would blow a dust cloud out from under the car and it made a whishing noise every time I shifted. I would suggest bpv. Takin off your front bumper makes it very easy. A powerpipe is almost a necesity. Otherwise your drawing hot air in from under your hood.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Three things.

1. The answer to this would be purely speculation by anyone on here, and there are a million variables which make answering it unrealistic.

2. Vortech superchargers tap into the oil line on the block, and the oil pressure in the motor sends it through the blower, and back down into the oil pan.

3. Anyone can get anything, but it depends on how much money you have. If you switch to fox TB setup, it makes intercooling a bit easier. Or you can just chemically intercool the kit with meth/alcohol.

Paul.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Paul is it possible(easy) to which to a fox intake(this part is easy) and run the vortech intercooler? I have heard there are to many mods you will have to do to get this to work.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I've not tried it, but at least with the fox TB setup, you could add a PowerCooler. (theoretically) I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

If it were me, I'd rather plumb in an air/air intercooler instead. A shop in Mesa fabbed up a custom intercooler setup on a Novi2000 blown 95 here, and it was pretty trick.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
CanaryGT said:
Three things.

1. The answer to this would be purely speculation by anyone on here, and there are a million variables which make answering it unrealistic.

Paul.

well this is the FIRST time im going to agree with you on anything. I dont see how anyone can make the claim that the centi blower would outperform the roots style, there are just TOO many things to consider in this type of comparison.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Hmm.. So much information.... Just so you know paul, im taking a pad of paper to ask you questions...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i don't see how a vortech on a 94-95 would have a good way to run a a/a intercooler. since the discharge side on teh blower faces back towards the engine, maing it hard to run piping down and out to an intercooler.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i don't see how a vortech on a 94-95 would have a good way to run a a/a intercooler. since the discharge side on teh blower faces back towards the engine, maing it hard to run piping down and out to an intercooler.
agreed and if it does fit then it would look like shit and make everything impossible to work on without taking it all apart

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online