Pulled 4 codes Need Help

Jeemee

Reaction score
I just made a trip from Boston to Arkansas and along the way my VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) slowly stopped working. A few days after the trip my car started stalling when coming to a stop. It now idles much lower than usual (750-800 rpms vs 1100). It's like it can't catch itself fast enough and dies. I pulled these codes besides the VSS code. I'm not sure what would cause these and/or if they're related. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Codes:

-p0411
Secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected
-p0135
O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1
-p1000
Obd systems readiness test not complete
-p1127
Exhaust temperature out of range o2 sensor tests not completed

OP
OP
Jeemee

Jeemee

Reaction score
Update.

Applying the brakes lowers my rpms when idling. It also backfires a lot when decelerating in gear. I'm guessing no one has encountered this before. When I solve these issues I'll update this thread again in case anyone else runs into this problem.

AnthonyF

Reaction score
First code might be for the air pump in the passenger fender well. Second code is probably the determining factor. If you have some1 at a parts store that will allow you to purchase Bank1 sensor 1 o2 sensor and if it doesn't work return it. Other 2 codes, don't worry about.

OP
OP
Jeemee

Jeemee

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've read about the pump behind the fender but I wasn't sure if I had one or not. I look into that. Can the rear o2 sensors be swapped to the front or are they front specific? I hope it's the sensor and not the wiring. Thanks again.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I have similar problems. I pulled 6 codes the other week, all for o2 sensors. They were all replaced with used low milage sensors and nothing changed, now to check the wiring and the sensors itself to make sure they function properly.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
-p0411
Secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected
*guessing* this may have something to do with your runner controls. do you still have those, or have they been removed?

-p0135
O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1
Your o2 is heated when the car is run. perhaps replace the o2?

-p1000
Obd systems readiness test not complete
This means the computer didnt have an opportunity to finish its scan, and it was interrupted for some reason. (ive always ignored this code, and it tends to go away after the main problems are fixed.)

-p1127
Exhaust temperature out of range o2 sensor tests not completed
another problem with the o2 temps. not sure if replacing the o2 will fix it.

o2 sensors are specific. front tend tend to be interchangeable from left to right, but not front to rear.
rear can not be swapped to the front, nor from left to right.
(at least on my 04 cobra. lol)

Its common for the RPM to drop a small bit when you press the brakes at idle. I wouldnt worry about this (Unless its super sensitive.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online