Purchased Magnaflow Exhaust for an IRS stang....with PICS!

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Good morning all, as the title says I picked up Magnaflow exhaust and tips on Sunday for $80. Since my car is not IRS, is there any way these will fit on the car as is by welding a new mounting brackets, or will I have to cannibalize and hack off the mufflers and tips and have them re-welded on??? My original intention was to hack them off and have a muffler shop weld on to existing piping, but if I can make this work...I will. Thanks for the input!

chris91

Reaction score
You got a hell of a steal! I'd just try to sell it to a Cobra owner and then pick up the exhaust you like for yours.

Buddy of mine got a deal like that recently. Picked up a Borla Touring IRS cat back for $100.

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Well I spoke to a exhaust shop here in Denver and they will cut the mufflers and tail pipes off and remount on my car for $100 even. So I might just end up doing that next week sometime. I hate waiting to install stuff. SofaB.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can make it work on a solid axle no problem actually

OP
OP
V

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
I believe the tips are 3" in diameter. I was actually worried about them looking HUGE under my car. I think the muffler shop can make it work by cutting the mufflers off and rotating them so that the tips are pointed upright....if I put them on as is, the tips will not sit evenly with my bumper and look weird, or upside down.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
No plenty of guys run irs on solid axle cars it will bolt up just gotta make a hanger under the diff . Search irs exhaust on solid axle mustang on google you'll see tons of pics

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I would rotate the tips or swap them out and install this on your car man irs set up on our cars look sick even with a soild

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The tips aren't upside down lol you need rear hangers from a 98-04 for the chassis .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online