Putting her into hybernation (Parking Car for 1.5+ years)

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah people say fill it because it wont get moisture but I think in a garage it will be fine....I can allways top it up if it starts going bad or getting low when its being fired up.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Yeah people say fill it because it wont get moisture but I think in a garage it will be fine....I can allways top it up if it starts going bad or getting low when its being fired up.

oh yea if you were to set it outside moisture could be an issue, but in a garage your OK

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I have a few things for you to think about.

Snakebit said:
Matt94GT said:

oh yea if you were to set it outside moisture could be an issue, but in a garage your OK

1) I thought water in the gas tank was caused by condensation. Wouldn't your car have some condensation on really cold mornings, depending where you live?

2) I have heard that putting your car on jackstands is NOT what you want to do unless you want to drive a 4x4 when you get back. The suspension might sag without any weight on it for 1 1/2 years.

Just some things to think about. If I were you, I would have someone drive it once every week or two for about 20 minutes. Have them warm the motor up, move the suspension a little, and you'll avoid flat spots in your tires as well.

This seems logical to me....good luck.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Put a piece of charcoal on drivers floor passenger floor....get a regular aluminum pan and put a piece of charcoal in it..then slide it under the car..one for the front and back...why im saying this is because it grabs all the moisture all around it!

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Why is it going to be parked for so long? Well my best advice is for you to ship it to my address and I will take care of it for you, and when you get it back if the cluster says that it has about 10k more miles on it then when you gave it to me... well then the cluster is a liar.

G

GREG@SN95

95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Why is it going to be parked for so long? Well my best advice is for you to ship it to my address and I will take care of it for you, and when you get it back if the cluster says that it has about 10k more miles on it then when you gave it to me... well then the cluster is a liar.

he's in the land down under...

what are ya doin there anyway?

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put 2 boxes of baking soda in the car to absorb the mositure, its in a garage, fairly new, so no leaks but it is cold at night. Shes all jacked up with a trickle charger and fuel saver in the tank.

SonicStang

Reaction score
Put a towel or something into the exhaust tips so the mufflers won't rust due to moisture from the inside.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
yup full tank with stabil. anything less will cause moisture to form inside the tank and cause rust. don't forget to run the car after you put in the treatment so it gets in the fuel lines. i would not run the car at all, if the exhaust doesn't get hot enough you'll get rust inside, same goes for inside the block. but then again you'll have an excuse to get that new exhaust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online