Pypes Catted X and SLP LM1s (Video)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Well I just happened to stumble on the Pypes vendor at Carlisle the other week and it was too tempting so I bought the midpipe. After 5 hours on two different days along with 7 stitches on my friend's head it was on the car. As far as the sound goes, I love it. It sounds really close to Wyotechs car which makes me pretty excited and I don't think there is much difference between a two valve and four valve SLP exhaust. :banana: Oh, and it's as loud as an offroad H and Flows and my check engine light is not on so I'm happy. What do you guys think of it?

The tell tale signs of a battle with the 50 pound midpipe falling on my friend's head.

P1010544.jpg

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Pypes Catted X and SLP LM1s

yea.. i agree.. its ok :-\

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

sounds okay at idle? Sounds like a exhaust modded stockish mustang @ idle...

which is sick ;] Cant get better w/o removing the cats or adding a rough Cam.

but o/r h and flows aren't loud at all. Grats on the new setup.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

Twista said:

yeah, a o/r h and flows are quiet, i swear....and it is cams not cam you noob

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

I said "A".. cant put add a rough idle cams :dunno:

but ya... flows are 2 quiet. I cant wait till mine rust out so i can re-weld the macs back on.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

Twista said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

but ya... flows are 2 quiet. I cant wait till mine rust out so i can re-weld the macs back on.

well it should be rough idle cams...plus you dont get cams for the idle sound, that is just a benefit.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:

well it should be rough idle cams...plus you dont get cams for the idle sound, that is just a benefit.

:rollinglaugh: shoot.. ill get cams just for the sound. :p Anyways, lets un-hijack his thread

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
it sounds ok at idle. :dunno:

Your opinion doesnn't count. :nonono:
it sounds pretty decent, Im wondering if the crappiness of my old exhaust was due to my x pipe.... cause my flows sound kinda like garbage too.

94Vert

Reaction score

i have a feeling it sounds better in person, that audio didn't sound like good quality

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

Sounds like a camaro ahhaha. Sike it sounds good, just not my cup of tea

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

scarface said:
Red96GT said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
it sounds ok at idle. :dunno:

Your opinion doesnn't count. :nonono:
it sounds pretty decent, Im wondering if the crappiness of my old exhaust was due to my x pipe.... cause my flows sound kinda like garbage too.

you need bassani's..

plan and simple. 4v+o/r X+bassani=sickness.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

O/R mid pipe+M55 catback on 4valves= Very mean and sexy

GRECS121

Reaction score

Not alot of SLP lovers here but I love the sound. I think your car sounds great

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

GRECS121 said:
Not alot of SLP lovers here but I love the sound. I think your car sounds great

Thanks man. It's weird how almost nobody on some forums like this one likes SLP, but on other forums, it's all anybody ever wants. :dunno:

And like ANY exhaust video, the sound quality does not do the setup justice. A lot of soundclips I hear of SLP they sound raspy, but I really don't hear much rasp in my setup even at high RPMs. My favorite part is definately how it snaps when I am decelerating. One day I will get a sound clip of that because it is pretty cool.

Finally, I recommend Pypes exhaust to just about anybody. They are waranteed for the life of the car and are relatively cheap (I payed $300 for my catted X). The fit was also superb. All I had to do was push my catback a few inches towards the rear of the car and that was it.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
^^ When i had the setup paired with a mac catted h. It was okay Loud (comparable to flows +o/r h), but i also didnt have any RASP. It was mainly VERY DEEP, but it sounded like to many of the cars with straight pipes out there. What really got me is i took off next to a older car that was in bad shape and i swear both of our cars sounded the same. Raggly, so thats when i got rid of them. Overall, if there wasn't so many pickup trucks with straight pipes.. SLP LM1 would be a nice ass setup, but being theres trucks and cars with glasspacks it makes the mustang with lm1's sound similar which kills the uniqueness factor.

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
^^ When i had the setup paired with a mac catted h. It was okay Loud (comparable to flows +o/r h), but i also didnt have any RASP. It was mainly VERY DEEP, but it sounded like to many of the cars with straight pipes out there. What really got me is i took off next to a older car that was in bad shape and i swear both of our cars sounded the same. Raggly, so thats when i got rid of them. Overall, if there wasn't so many pickup trucks with straight pipes.. SLP LM1 would be a nice ass setup, but being theres trucks and cars with glasspacks it makes the mustang with lm1's sound similar which kills the uniqueness factor.

I understand where you are coming from but everyone has their own taste. I feel that for every straight piped truck that sounds like mine, there are 15 mustangs with O/R H and flows. :)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Twista said:

I understand where you are coming from but everyone has their own taste. I feel that for every straight piped truck that sounds like mine, there are 15 mustangs with O/R H and flows. :)

Also, i forgot to mention.. The H is going to make any setup sound deep, so pairing with the lm1's is mistake i think. IF i wouldve had an catted X i mightve had a different story since the exhaust wouldve been more higher pitch instead of the DEEP H rumble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online