Questions about a Vortech...

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by el docum, Apr 9, 2007.

1. el docum

el docum Active Member

Hello,

I got a GT 1994 stock, the car is automatic and it's a little boring, I found this used kit for sale in my local site, it's a Vortech SC, the price is $2200.00 :

[​IMG]

My question is what I must have to change in my car to install it; what size of injectors ? need new exhaust ?

In fact I dint research a high power Mustang, just a little boost.

Thank's

Francis

2. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Dont use the FMU..

just get 42# injectors.

I also dont like the "piggyback" fuel pumps. so just put in a Walbro 255LPH hi pressure fuel pump.

Then you'll need a X-cal 2 for a tune. Thats not a bad price for the kit though.

3. He has a '94... its OBDI... he can't use a tuner

4. el docum

el docum Active Member

Thank's for your advice,

So I just need to replace injectors and the gas pump, can I also keep the original exhaust system ?

F.

5. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

woops.. my mistake, i just noticed it said 94 gt. A chip w/ a dyno tune is still something i would suggest. you can still use the original exhaust.

6. el docum

el docum Active Member

Hello,

So I call the seller and he said to me that I can use stock injectors and I will not have any problems, also he recommend the using of the FMU unit.

He offer me to buy this part in extra for $250.00:

[​IMG]

I like this because it's more sleeper, nobody saw theses gages from the outside.

Is it true that the power whit a vortech arrived around 2800-3000 rpm ?

Thank's

F.

7. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

i never noticed any lag with my s trim instant boost when at wide open throttle ..... as for the stock injectors their to small i think even running low boost...dynoed my stang at 8 psi and at high rpm's was starting to lean out thats with the t rex fuel pump and 24# injectors so if i were you install that t rex you can get 24 # injectors cheap on ebay and then buy a walboro 255 high pressure intank fuel pump ..... you should be safe with that thats what i have an im running rich and also get a kirban fuel regulator so you can fine tune you fuel pressure