Quick question on PI intake

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
Update... Back from the test drive...

Total success- no leaks, and my car has discovered that it does, in fact, make useful power over 4500 RPM! Throttle response is worlds better, and so is idle quality- which surprised me- then again, when we had it all apart it got new plugs and I put down a major cleaning on the TB/IAC/EGR passage. Stuff that doesn't HAVE to be done but it's a good idea anyway. Money definitely well spent, and this solves my single biggest durability issue with the car. Now I can go for long drives and not have to worry about a blown plastic crossover!

I think the exhaust got a smidge quieter, too, except in the 2000-2200 RPM range where these Flows do nothing but drone anyway.

Thanks again SN95forums :thumb:

voidfinger

Reaction score
Mine got a little louder and it pulled a lot better. so how did you pull the tint off???

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
On the 1/4 windows, I peeled it right off, whoever did it did a shitty job and left a little "lip" covered by the blacked-out perimeter of the window.

The door glass, I carefully started it with a razor blade, then it peeled off pretty easily. Some tint adhesive was left behind, came off under a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They are glass and defroster-grid safe, my def. works just as well as it did before I hit it with the Magic Eraser Did the rear window the same way, startedit with a blade up top and peeled off the rest (Don't use the blade down at the defroster grid!!!) Had to take off the trim piece above the backseat and the speaker shelf trim to get it all, but it was well worth it. I can see much, much better- that old tint was trash.

FYI the Magic Eraser is awesome but will shred itself as you work, so plan on vacuuming your interior when you're all done. I vacuumed my speaker shelf while it was off because it was covered in Magic Eraser "dandruff."

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol i hear ya. My factory tint is shitten itself now.... looks like ass

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
any videos man??? i want to see and hear it run :)

pics/videos of mi carro? i have pics of it, but not many of the work ive done to it. as for videos, i only have a few ones on my computer, planning on getting some more soon tho.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
I want to hear her run :)

well if ya just wanna hear it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMP0Fd4dDs

thats of me at one of the early drift events. awesome friends of mine, they only record as im spinning out, not the previous 45 seconds were im actually doing really good. stupid hippies.... :nonono:

PS. yes, i know, its short and :lame:, but i was learning and my friends are dirty hippies who would rather record the junky beat up 240 instead of the mustang.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
TheAztec said:
Update... Back from the test drive...

Total success- no leaks, and my car has discovered that it does, in fact, make useful power over 4500 RPM! Throttle response is worlds better, and so is idle quality- which surprised me- then again, when we had it all apart it got new plugs and I put down a major cleaning on the TB/IAC/EGR passage. Stuff that doesn't HAVE to be done but it's a good idea anyway. Money definitely well spent, and this solves my single biggest durability issue with the car. Now I can go for long drives and not have to worry about a blown plastic crossover!

I think the exhaust got a smidge quieter, too, except in the 2000-2200 RPM range where these Flows do nothing but drone anyway.

Thanks again SN95forums :thumb:

Awesome! Glad it all worked out for you. I remember when I swapped mine, the only change I made, and the thing felt like a whole new car. You'll be surprised at how quickly you become jaded and hunger for more >:D ....

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
LOL you're right... The more I drive it, the more I love it- it has a spring in its step now, before it felt a little like it was dragging its heels. It revs more freely all over the powerband and throttle response is substantially improved. Best $$ I spent on the car so far!

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
TheAztec said:
LOL you're right... The more I drive it, the more I love it- it has a spring in its step now, before it felt a little like it was dragging its heels. It revs more freely all over the powerband and throttle response is substantially improved. Best $$ I spent on the car so far!

wait till you get the PI cams and the PI heads installed.

the PI cams will have just about the same noticeable difference as the PI intake. :banana:

for the PI heads, i thought it really wouldnt be much better since i already had the PI intake and the PI cams installed, but boy was i wrong. noticeable difference as well in the higher RPMs, but way better throttle response. if you have the money, i say spring for the complete PI swap. you wont regret it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Staff online