Raxiom Icon LED Tail Lights Poll

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I am interested in possibly getting these in the future for my red convertible. They come in black, so, on a black car, they're awesome, but on a red car, not real sure. Plus, it's a 94, so there's additional work involved in order to retrofit these, but still not sure that I'm willing to give up my horizontals.

46Kqvu7.jpg

6bJraqih.jpg

Royal96

Reaction score
Wow. I've been super "eh" about these but they look absolutely fantastic with that stripe.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I've been super "eh" about these but they look absolutely fantastic with that stripe.

Lol and I think the stripe makes them look worse. I really think these lights would look better in person

Royal96

Reaction score
Lol and I think the stripe makes them look worse. I really think these lights would look better in person
Well I think it certainly looks way better when the bezels match a body color. I'd have to paint them like the mystic one above if I didn't do something like the stripe.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
they cant make it solid because thats a trademark or copy right issue. i read it somehwere. maybe here idk.

and HOLY TITS! thats awesome

Yeah your right frank, back when these came out i reached out to am and posted the info on the forums. In my opinion that little copyright change ruins it for me. I was seriously considering buying these until i saw them light up, which brings me to my next observation.. those lights look awesome sprayed mystic but they will still have dots when they light up! So disappointing.

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Man I would totally rock these on my 96GT, I never knew they made them. These look awesome and I think they look better than most aftermarket stuff out there. However the factory ones still do look really nice though!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
They look great color matched and I'd love to see them installed on the mystic, but I really don't see much improvement over the stock tail lights. I think ford did well with the 97-98s and the horizontals from 94-95 look good just because they are less common. If the raxium lights were priced lower i would be more on board but I don't know if they're going to improve the look of the car for over $300. If you've got the spare coin and like them yourself then that's all that matters!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no IIRC its a BASF color. Originally when it came out they had it on a super tight lockdown to the point that you had to prove you had a mystic cobra and then the basf rep would come deliver the paint and then take any extra back with him. I always thought it was just to keep it expensive but I saw years later it was because the treasury dept was using something similar on money to make it harder to print cash.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you can readily find the paint now. Like Scott was saying the flip flop particles in the paint was being used in currency in multiple countries. I guess currency technology has evolved now so no more restrictions on the mystic paint. It still costs a small fortune though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online