Re-wiring speakers...

The Green GT

Reaction score
Well im getitng tired of only having a front passenger speaker, and a rear driver speaker (which cuts out half the time) so I am bypassing my factory amp and running new wires.

So my question.. where do the wires ruin? And im assuming some of the back panels will have to come off. How do they come off?

And if any one knows which wires on a DEH-P6500 go to which speakers, that would be great too. Ive lost my manual.

cobra4978

Reaction score
We ran all the apeaker wires in my car man it's no big deal at all none of the back panels have to come off except for the ones in the trunk which are no trouble at all run your wire from the speaker to the passenger side of the trunk then into the panel from there tuck it into your back seat and come out down where your kick panels are just pop those off and run your wire under them to the rubber gromet where the passenger door hinges are and then come out under your dash then head for your radio i know it sounds confusing if you need it i'll take some photos and put them on here you should'nt have to remove any panels except for the trunk just tuck the wire in around the seat

916_5.0

Reaction score
Do you have the mach system cause that makes it a bit of a pain in the ass.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
cobra4978 said:
We ran all the apeaker wires in my car man it's no big deal at all none of the back panels have to come off except for the ones in the trunk which are no trouble at all run your wire from the speaker to the passenger side of the trunk then into the panel from there tuck it into your back seat and come out down where your kick panels are just pop those off and run your wire under them to the rubber gromet where the passenger door hinges are and then come out under your dash then head for your radio i know it sounds confusing if you need it i'll take some photos and put them on here you should'nt have to remove any panels except for the trunk just tuck the wire in around the seat
Post the pictures if you dont mind. They couldnt hurt. lol

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
SS.

Ive always heard the non-mach was called Super sound.

And i like to say I have a Mustang SS. :rollinglaugh:

cobra4978

Reaction score
My trunk is gutted right now for the trip to the track but the wires would run from the speakers to the side of the trunk and behind the panels that are normally there. then through the rear seat.
HPIM0362.jpg

They come out the other side (i have them pulled so you can see
HPIM0364.jpg

Then tucked into the seat
HPIM0365.jpg

They come out at the bottom of the seat cussion and go into the door sill at the bottom of the door
HPIM0366.jpg

tucked
HPIM0367.jpg

Then go through the kick panel and out the top and under the dash to the radio
HPIM0368.jpg

HPIM0369.jpg

I used 16 guage wire for all my speakers but you can go smaller than that if you want
Hope this helps!!!

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Thanks. I dont have my back seat anymore, I have a custom RSD so Im sure that will add some aggravation to it.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Also, one down, 3 to go. the door grommets arent that bad if you pull them out and put a coat hanger through, then tape the wire to it and pull it back through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online