REALLY Needed: Fuel Tank Lockring for 94-97 Mustang

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'm swapping the sumped fuel tank tank out of my old '94 GT into my '89 Notch. It appears that Ford changed the fuel pump and sending unit lockrings after 1993.

On the foxbody cars, they had three tabs and looked like this:
$(KGrHqJ,!jYE2HeyFNbFBNjmPD(SRQ~~0_1.JPG

However, from 1994 to 1997, the lock rings had four tabs (located at 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock) and look like this:
FuelTankLockring.jpg

My project is at a standstill. I know someone out there has to have an SN95 tank laying around with one of these on it. I really need it. Please look around, and if you have it, let me know what you want for it.

Paul.

ba#97

Reaction score
i'm sure i have one. i don't know how much to ask for it so just throw a # and i'm positive i could pull it. is it on the top of the tank???

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'll give you $20 to ship it to me just because I'm tired of looking for one. Yes, it's on top of the tank - there are two of them. One holds the fuel pump in place, and another holds the fuel level sender.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
No, that's not the right one. That has five tabs, not four. Look at the picture and compare it to the one I posted - they're different.

castine917

Reaction score
No, that's not the right one. That has five tabs, not four. Look at the picture and compare it to the one I posted - they're different.
you're right. they don't match. dorman site says you are crazy but, i can see your picture is proof your not. i am out of ideas where to look for one for you too. good luck.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul is getting both, a little too late.
but ill look for more.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are discontinued, so is what my FORD hook-up told me.

I found another set of used rings, let me know.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to ba#97 for being FUCKING AWESOME and pulling two of these lockrings off of his car and sending them to me. I've been trying to get these for over a month, and my project was held hostage by it. Thanks for helpin' a brotha out!

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online