realywierd engine miss, cant figure it out

S

scarface

sounds like you got a bad saleman...go somewhere else. All they have to do is plug it in, and click read codes. It tells the number right on the screen. You would save yourself and us alot of guesses if we knew what the ECU thought.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Scarface said:
sounds like you got a bad saleman...go somewhere else. All they have to do is plug it in, and click read codes. It tells the number right on the screen. You would save yourself and us alot of guesses if we knew what the ECU thought.
well, i went somewhere else and no codes came up. they showed me it and the thing said no codes. the person also said that there wont be any codes unless the engine light is on. mine isnt anymore.

S

scarface

what has happened is the first saleman at autozone cleared the codes when they checked it. You havent thrown a CEL since then.

Myself and thousands of other people will tell you, if the CEL has come on at some point, and the codes have not been cleared, there will be one stored. Whether the light is on or not.

If it throws a CEL again go back to the guy that showed you the screen to have the test.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Scarface said:
what has happened is the first saleman at autozone cleared the codes when they checked it. You havent thrown a CEL since then.

Myself and thousands of other people will tell you, if the CEL has come on at some point, and the codes have not been cleared, there will be one stored. Whether the light is on or not.

If it throws a CEL again go back to the guy that showed you the screen to have the test.
my check engine light during the rain came on after the first check. the first time i did it was just to see if anything came up anyways.

S

scarface

so it threw a CEL, and then you had it checked. Thats when it couldnt find any codes?

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Scarface said:
so it threw a CEL, and then you had it checked. Thats when it couldnt find any codes?
well, the CEL went off cause i had to get my car jump started and then i had it checked, yesterday.

S

scarface

driftingmustang said:
Scarface said:
well, the CEL went off cause i had to get my car jump started and then i had it checked, yesterday.
ok..I think I understand. When your battery died, the codes were cleared.

cobraclone

Reaction score
well today i saw a thread that got me thinking to this problem http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=16409.0

the wet plugs got me thinking , i keep my engine clean and wash it regularly.
so right now im cleaning the wires , and find one of them is full of dirt and grimmy stuff.
ill post findings of any engine miss or of it did the trick.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
well i had another person take a look in person. it is a guy who builds mustangs into all out drag cars. he said he thinks it is the injectors. yep, so thats what im doing. he said all my wires and coils look perfect (and clean). so yep,my next paycheck and ill get new injectors. any suggestions as towhat kind. im thinking i might as well put better than stock. im looking at steeda since thats the only aftermarket i saw with 19#.

cobraclone

Reaction score
well i cleaned all ofthe boots and 2 of em were (Sofa King) lol dirty i use some cleaner wit hQ-tips and got em clean. the car sounds a tad more mean , but ill have to drive it arround and check it later.

cobraclone

Reaction score
hey drift some one in the forum is selling some 24 pounders with the MAF for 100$ see if you wanna get those .

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
well it turned out to be the wires going to the spark plugs. my car ran perfect for all of 12 hours. all of the suuden while getting onto the highway my car loses like half it's horse power. My car was running on 4 cylinders (though i didnt kow it at the moment). yeah, i was running on 4 fucking cylinders and i had to go somewhere. when i was done with business i inspected what i could and every thing was in place. i get home and test out the coil packs. one wasgiving off good strong blue sparks, the other was dead or somtimes giving weak yellow sparks. i was like shit, my coilpack went bad. how the hell did it go bad so instantley? what ever ill go buy another. I installed the new one and it didnt improve shit. i tested the spark again and now this new one was dead. "God, please not the computer, i dont have that money." well my dad was hwlping mw the whole time too. i go to return the new coil pack realizing that my old one was probably good. now, while i was gone my dad was gonna inspect the electrical system and computer. as im on my way back he calls me up and says"get home now, your car is fixed. i get home and wouldnt you know it is running beautifully. the first thing my dad says is "yeah, i just burnt alot of rubber just to make sure you had all your power back, hahaha." There were some nice tire marks on the road. he shows me what the problem was. A wire was loose in the wire harness that connected to the coil pack.

ps. before we tested the coil packs, we tryed testing which cylinders were firing and which weren't by disconnecting the plug wires from the coil packs and starting it up. at one point the engine was running on 2 cylinders which i find pretty funny. also we tried one cylinder and it almost seemed to work, haha. some liquid gasoline came out of my tailpipes.

cobraclone

Reaction score
well i guess its time for me to sliver all over the wires and clean and reconnect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online