Rear axle not straight

AldenG

Reaction score
Hey, it's been months and months and months since I last posted on this forum. My V6 has since turned into a V8.

But I've noticed that the left rear wheel is a little under 3/4 inch further forward than the right rear. I've looked over my torque boxes, the brackets on the rear end, etc and nothing seems to be bent or damaged. The bushings are also all new. Any idea what could cause this? Is it a common problem/normal for Mustangs? Would I be able to use adjustable rear control arms to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
Mounting points bent, bushings destroyed, or bent arms are the most likely. Was the car rear ended? To be 3/4 off I'd start with the lower arms and their parts and go from there. Elongated holes as well.

PinkieT

Reaction score
If it is the control arms, I have factory arms off a low mileage car sitting in the garage.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have j&m aftermarket lowers if you want to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usually a bent axle (the entire housing) would not make it out THAT far.

driftin

Reaction score
Any update on your findings? A buddy of mine is looking at a V6 and the current owner mentioned almost the same symptom. We'll take a look at it right after we finished installing the rack and tonneau cover for kayak mount on the current truck project. We'll probably start with new bushings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online