Rear end cover question

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered the Ford Racing rear diff cover from Summit. $27 cheaper than LMR, surprisingly. Comes with plugs, bolts, gasket. Should tuck my new 3.55’s in nicely(which I ordered from LMR)!

Wmac

Reaction score
Daryl: If you have not done the r&r, take a buddy for a drive and somewhere let him observe a burn out. You need to make sure that he doesn't see a "one wheel peel"' At your mileage, tloc rebuilt may soon be needed. And whatever you use for gearoil, use synthetic and 1 bottle of ford friction modifier. The modifier is a must use.

joe65

Reaction score
just put this one on mine. had 373s put in and a new trac lok. too bad you never see this thing unless you're under the car.
upload_2020-9-29_10-15-21.png

Wmac

Reaction score
Looks good Joe. You have just strengthened the case. You will be p1zzed in a couple years when that aluminum corrodes/oxidizes. But it still looks perdy today and you have the photo proof.

joe65

Reaction score
Looks good Joe. You have just strengthened the case. You will be p1zzed in a couple years when that aluminum corrodes/oxidizes. But it still looks perdy today and you have the photo proof.

yeah we'll see. the original one i took off looked like it had 200k miles on it, because it did. lol. The only real benefit i figured in buying this one was the ease of filling and draining. If i go coyote on mine i'll be upgrading to the 31 spline diff and axles, so i thought what the hell its only money. lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.