Rear Seat Delete

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I went with this company. No plywood and I had them ship it without the carpet glued so I could cover in perforated vinyl to match my fr500 steering wheel.

http://rearseatdelete.com/mustang.html

Hey thanks man, never saw this before, but this definitely looks like the way to go. I am definitely going to look into it when the time comes.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
What a seat delete saves me is the problem of ever having to try and cram someone in the back seat to listen to them complain about how tight it is, as if I am having a good time trying to have enough space to hit the clutch and see the gauges..... Worth every damn dime to save that. In reality I had people in the back seat maybe 6-8 times but not having to do it again is the #1 reason I recommend it. #2 is that there is a TON of usable storage space back there once you don't have to worry about your friends fat asses!!!!

I completley agree with you, i can't stand when people want to sit in the back and insist they don't mind the space, but then go and complain anyways like wtf stfu lol. Yea i go to the track a few times a year so its of value in that aspect, but never allowing anybody to sit back there ever again is what i can't wait for.

Slipperman

Reaction score
I'm planning to do this mod over the winter.
I can't justify buying one pre-made since it doesn't seem to be a great value.
The aluminum ones are sweet, but more expensive still.

On to the reason:

I have a medium size dog that I take to a beach park after work. I'd like to keep the wear off the seats and give her a better place to sit (stand, bark, drool, etc.).
I possess fabrication skills / tools, so making one custom with maybe lids to access a small storage area below would be cool.
I have a convertible and like to use the tonneau cover when the top's down. Any one work out the catch at the leading edge on a delete setup?
Anyone with helpful hints?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
skip the folding lid and make the entire bottom cover able to flip up. The bottom of the seat is held in place by two pieces of round plastic that go straight down into a locking mechanism mounted to the car. I just took some 3/8" dowel rods and glued them onto the cover so that they went down into the same hole the original mounting went into. It doesn't need to lock into place but simply hold it from moving forward/back/ect. This will also make less things for your dog to stand on/push through or get in the way.

Randy

Reaction score
I built my seat delete for my 95 GTS this weekend,. I made it out of 1/4 in ply then glued on carpet with spray on contact cement.. Then attached the panels with Velcro strips.. ( Velcro was $3.97 at Home Depot per pack of 5 self sticking.) The Velcro holds panels down nicely and can be easily lifted for storage under the panels. and make it easier for me to remove when I need to put roll cage in when I go to the drag strip.

Randy

Reaction score
The carpet matches better than what flash on camera makes it looks like..
CARPICS033_zps3cc419bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Randy

Reaction score
Here is the back panel stuck on with Velcro
CARPICS032_zps807c26e7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Randy

Reaction score
I used cardboard to make a template then transferred dimensions to the plywood .. work perfectly
CARPICS034_zpsca2fea86.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Randy

Reaction score
Now to figure how to make pictures smaller LOL

Randy

Reaction score
my wife is making these letters for the rear panel . I may put them on or not
c53cfb12-f61a-448a-ba61-be938d9f58e6_zps60cfab82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Randy

Reaction score
BTW Here is my 95 GTS Just got it a month ago.. Been throwing money at it since
5cbef514-77ba-4b98-83d7-78317f10b0a8_zps92165817.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea the best part of not having the rear seat is no more complaining back seat riders the backs ok for tiny girls but still not even

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks... I Got the idea's from reading the forums.. You guys are a bevy of info here. I just got the car last month and have been looking at the mods you guys have been doing to your cars and getting Idea's.. Friday my car is going on jack stands and I am replacing all the bushings and control arms, Then I'll reconnect my NOS.. Too scary right now it wanders all over the road. . I will update with photo's as progress proceeds

teal95gt

Reaction score
Yea the best part of not having the rear seat is no more complaining back seat riders the backs ok for tiny girls but still not even

no then they are like old ****ing *** women and just ***** about how their ears hurt and it's too loud hahahah.

edit: bltches in the backseat be like
gNL0Wvv.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
I love the way your car looks and sits.. looks great...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online