Rebuild or PI

98MustangSTL

Reaction score
Ok, I know there is a lot of talk going around about PI and nPI, but I just wanted to get some opinions. My car has about 140,000 miles on it. I am going to be something big soon to the car ie: replace motor, PI swap, or rebuild. I just can't decide between just purchasing a used PI motor with low miles, buy the nescessities for a PI SWAP, or just pull my motor now and put all forged internals with h/c/i. I plan on doing most of the work myself. Any suggestions or comments would be great. Thanks, Kevin.

96sohc

Reaction score
Is this your only car, or do you have other means of transportation?

281powered

Reaction score
ya really depends on how much power you want to get and what kind of moneys you wanna spend?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Screw it if you have the cash go balls out :D
New forged shortblock, heads, cams and supercharger :banana:

OP
OP

98MustangSTL

Reaction score
This is my only car. I was looking for something around 300+ at the wheels. I know I'm looking for a lot, but I know it's possible. As far as funds, I am looking to spend around $3000(give or take a few)

97GTS

Reaction score
speed costs money...with enuff cashflow you can go as fast as you wanna go, unfortunately not all of us have DEEP pockets :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97GTS said:
speed costs money...with enuff cashflow you can go as fast as you wanna go, unfortunately not all of us have DEEP pockets :(
I hear that, that's why I'm only just now doing the mod's on my car i've wanted to do for some time.
I ordered it new, in 96..... .. . . Getting married didn't help the car modding, but that's ok :)

Well, you'll have to determine the condition of your motor.
If you're gonna swap motors, get a 99 or newer BC it will have the PI heads on it, and put you about 60 HP above
where you are NPI.
to read up on PI options for your stock motor, check here:
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1292.0

ported PI's and cams will get you over 300

intercooled blower & good exhaust will get you in the neighborhood on the stock heads.

You can also do NPI cams, and a blower.

PI headswap or motor swap with the stock PI cams, you'll need something else to get you into the 300 range.

Which one sounds good to you?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
THP reciently dyno'd a 2V modular - 911 rwhp :eek:uttahere:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99