Reintroducing Myself with a New Stang!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I am not to sure about the 01 Lower end but I could not resist the car. So clean, interior is mint(Hate saddle but don't mind it with PG) I've always been a stickler to rule of thumb of same name LT's as Mid Pipes for assurance of the fit and Hooker only makes X's so Now I am on a search to find something that will work. I'll find an H at one point just gonna be an fun ride.
Yeah that's odd; original must have gone kaboom but I wouldn't worry about it either because the quality of parts the previous owner used shows he only did the best. Saddle with PG looks sexy imo. Yeah true but they don't make an H so you're going to have to mess with other brands, good luck! lol. I want headers but I scrape everywhere as is so that's holding me back. I wish I had a career type job so I could start tearing it apart and doing a motor build, c head swap, and turbo.

OP
OP
MissFivePointSlow

MissFivePointSlow

Reaction score
Yeah that's odd; original must have gone kaboom but I wouldn't worry about it either because the quality of parts the previous owner used shows he only did the best. Saddle with PG looks sexy imo. Yeah true but they don't make an H so you're going to have to mess with other brands, good luck! lol. I want headers but I scrape everywhere as is so that's holding me back. I wish I had a career type job so I could start tearing it apart and doing a motor build, c head swap, and turbo.

Yeah thats why I bought it, I saw all the other parts that were installed and this was the previous previous Owner and it held for this long should be pretty good! Yeah The H pipe is gonna be an interesting ride to find what I can get to fit. This sits up just enough with the super race springs and the 18's so I haven't scraped.

cobra head

Reaction score
glad u are back in another love the cobra and the wing I love it

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
Hi! Cool to see another chick with a PG/saddle cobra.....car looks good and sounds like it's in good hands!! :thumbsup:

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I had one of them once, it looks great man. Get it out of the snow!!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Definitely loving the car! And yeah it does resemble Franks old Cobra haha..

As for the exhaust have you thought about just changing the mufflers? I HATED the Flowmasters on my bassani x pipe, they sounded like rocks rolling around in a metal garbage can at a very loud volume. Whereas with my old Pypes x pipe that came on the car with the flowmasters, it sounded bad, but not THAT bad... So I switched to Borla mufflers.... WORLD of difference! It rumbles really low at idle and sounds nasty when you open it up. Still on the Bassani x pipe too! I'd rather have an H pipe because I don't like rasp, but when I bought my x pipe I didn't know the difference between the two lol. But the Borlas took all the rasp away on my x pipe. Just food for thought!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online