Resistor for tail lights...

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Threw some LEDs in my tail lights... Caution works fine but my turn signal doesn't even hyper flash. The front turn signal stays on and the inner most LED on the back stays on and the other 2 don't turn on (I have a sequential harness)
B3nWFZn.jpg

qdjP6cK.jpg

I'm guessing I need resistors to fix this. The AM kit comes with 2 resistors. One for each taillight. Does anyone know what size resistor I need to simulate the resistance of the filament bulbs? and how they are wired into the sequential harness?

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I managed to zoom in on the AM picture of the resistors and they're 50w6rj which is 50w 6ohm..
So now that I know what value they are..

How do I wire them up to my harness? Do I need to just wire it to 1 bulb per side?

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Well I managed to kill time in class and tracked down this picture.
C1uUkDX.jpg

Which also leads to this write up, which I didn't really need.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...-led-bulbs-for-sequential-tail-lights.868959/
Now I just need to determine which color is the hot wire for the turn signal on the inner most LED.
So I went to AM's site and brought up a picture of my Raxiom harness
jjuRjUy.jpg

If I was at home I could obviously just look at the harness itself.
If I'm not mistaken the hot wire for the turn signal is the middle wire. Which would be the green wire.
So if I splice the resistor into the black and green wires for the inner most LED it should fix my problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online