Restore your Hood Liner - Black Shoe Dye!

ALITL8

Reaction score
some of you may already know this trick but i didn't until someone told me :dunno:

learned this from one of the guys in the Oklahoma Mustang Club. if your hood liner is looking old, dirty and stained but is still in one piece, remove the clips and drop it out. make a run to your local Walmart or maybe a shoe store and pick up about 10 bottles (maybe 15, i don't remember) of the dab on (sponge head type) black shoe dye ** NOT SHOE POLISH** and start dabbing till you have a nice even look. when you're finished it will look just like it did when it was new!

some people will say to just spray paint it but that never looks right IMO. the method above looks unbelievably nice, factory new!!

WARNING! this procedure works muscles in your arms you didn't know you had so you may be a little sore the next day or two.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
will the dye work on the other parts also,like the intake tube,and hoses and such?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
will the dye work on the other parts also,like the intake tube,and hoses and such?

without going too much into the whole detailing of the engine bay just wash those parts and then treat them with rubber/vinyl dressing. i think i pulled my factory intake tube off and washed it in the sink ;)

916_5.0

Reaction score
I only used like 2 im going to go over a few spots one more time so maybe between 2-3.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
my hood liner was in pretty bad shape when i did it. im also weird about coverage... its gotta be perfect!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online