Restoring and Protecting Plastic and Rubber Trim With Chemical Guys "Black on Black"

OP
OP
C

ChemicalGuys

Reaction score
is that really a giagantic warehouse for detailing? ?? ? nice...

You are correct :)

That is the 46,000 Square foot Smart Detailing University training facility located in Inglewood California. The largest detailing training facility in the world. If you ever come down to California, feel free to stop by for a tour and just to hang out with the CG Family :)

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
You are correct :)

That is the 46,000 Square foot Smart Detailing University training facility located in Inglewood California. The largest detailing training facility in the world. If you ever come down to California, feel free to stop by for a tour and just to hang out with the CG Family :)

thats pretty freaking cool!!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so... I watched the handz video, and here is my honest *objective* observations and *opinions.* hope you guys take this into consideration, as im sure it can get muffled with all the anti-handz crap on the forum.

#1. i think handz will be a great spokes person once he's a little more comfortable behind the camera.
#2. the camera man kept moving around alot. with that wide lense it makes me sea-sick.
#3. i think handz will do better with a product that's not a tounge-twister.
#4. why are you cleaning a ghay prius instead of that ghay lotus? i mean... they're both ghay, but lets at least do the ghay one we are willing to buy for our ol' ladies...
#5. i was hoping there would be better "close up" shots of before and after on the video. that intake elbow is clearly shiney after the spay, but thats the only change we can see after everything handz sprayed.
#6. handz.... shorts that go down to your feet = pants. pants that dont go past your shoes = capris. capris arent cool.
#7. lets see some "make-or-brake" tests. external body pannel thats seen better days; before and after testing on it. Perhaps wet sanding if needed? not a 2007 car's engine bay. half the cars on this site are a *decade* older than that prius.
#8. does that spary leave a slipery residue? if so, how do we handle that? hit it with a dry rag? if not, prove it.
#9. handz made a good point on spraying it on at the car show. I'd like to see this product in a tiny bottle to hit minor trim pieces at the car show without lugging around an arosole can. the size of a baseball bat.
#10. use more "tangable" words in your pitch, greg. we arent at the shop with you, so you have to make us mentally see how bad-ass this product is. you used words like "luster" and thats good. do more of that.
#11. see point #7. bring in a 1989 geo storm that was left outside to test your products. lets man up and show some pecker durring these tests. I'd like to see Chemical guys buy a car destined for the crusher. Such as a volvo or a geo or a mazda POS. make it look show-room quality again. obviously some problems arent repairable, so you dont have to get a rust bucket, but lets get something thats not a $50,000.00 lotus in there.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chris has some excellent ideas there. I was thinking the same thing about having a more crappy car in there. A 2011 (or was it 12) prius really doesn't count IMO.

JJhirsch

Reaction score
Does it collect dust like Armor all or any other oil products?

I have used nice stuff before in the engine bay but it is annoying when you have to do it ever week other wise it gets dirty/dusty faster then it did without the spray.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.