Review on Bassani Catback- Not what i wanted it to be.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Twista do you have a pic of the mufflers in your catback?
part number- 46985S on tips and muffler
http://www.bassani.com/part/46985S
55pesl.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
man idk, mine were pretty loud. when i ran them straight out of the muffler they vibrated everything in the car.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
man idk, mine were pretty loud. when i ran them straight out of the muffler they vibrated everything in the car.
Same here. The tail pipes just killed everything. When i took the baffles out they were bare metal. So im guessing the glass packing burned away? I doubt the packing could get stuck in there.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
glass packing, is that what that stuff was? The first time i used them some of it started falling off and hanging out of the tailpipe and it wedged the damn baffles in there and made them almost impossible to remove. after that i just ripped the shit off them and ran them without. how does yours seem compared to this.

[video]http://s128.beta.photobucket.com/user/OnyxCobra/media/Videos/Exhaustclip.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s128.beta.photobucket.com/user/OnyxCobra/media/Videos/Higherrevs.mp4.html[/video]

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
glass packing, is that what that stuff was? The first time i used them some of it started falling off and hanging out of the tailpipe and it wedged the damn baffles in there and made them almost impossible to remove. after that i just ripped the shit off them and ran them without. how does yours seem compared to this.

[video]http://s128.beta.photobucket.com/user/OnyxCobra/media/Videos/Exhaustclip.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s128.beta.photobucket.com/user/OnyxCobra/media/Videos/Higherrevs.mp4.html[/video]
Links dont work for me. Are those the same ones you sent me awhile ago thats uploaded to Youtube. Seen you pull off with a group of friends in one video.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Well seeing as how that car in the video is my friends car and I shot the video I can tell you his car is NOT loud inside the car unless he's standing on it and even then its not that bad. The thing you are missing here is a built motor, LTs and a X pipe similar to the Dr Gas pipes that used to be available until about a year ago.
If you are gonna stay with a shorty header, you can try adding a Flowtech X pipe and see if that gets you the pitch you are looking for since its also similar to the Dr Gas pipe. Not sure that will get you the volume you're looking for but it will surely sound badass. I know this because my old setup was just about the same.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well seeing as how that car in the video is my friends car and I shot the video I can tell you his car is NOT loud inside the car unless he's standing on it and even then its not that bad. The thing you are missing here is a built motor, LTs and a X pipe similar to the Dr Gas pipes that used to be available until about a year ago.
If you are gonna stay with a shorty header, you can try adding a Flowtech X pipe and see if that gets you the pitch you are looking for since its also similar to the Dr Gas pipe. Not sure that will get you the volume you're looking for but it will surely sound badass. I know this because my old setup was just about the same.
]

Thats a shame. I would expect his bassani to be loud inside because it sounds like hell on outside. . Just urks me something that sounds so good on the outside doesn't sound good on the inside with full tail pipes.

Now onto the flowtech and dr gas issues.
I found out dr gas is still around and spintech made the midpipes for Dr.Gas. You can still buy a dr gas midpipe but your paying $360 for a o/r pipe.
I was also told flowtech and drgas aren't anything alike by drgas themselves.

Drgas replied to my post about the flowtech yesterday: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/12607387-post31.html

5litarags did you have the bassani setup with the flowtech? Any videos?
thxs

What pisses me off so bad is the car sounds like catted setup inside when its a full blown o/r setup. I mean when you have a catted midpipe you know a o/r setup will give you the volume you want with other setups, but im already maxed out volume wise without touching the engine.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Tailpipes destroy the loudness of your exhaust man. Hell when I finally dumped my Borla's (had them open muffler forever) I literally had to gun it and stick my head out the window to make sure they still screamed. I can't imagine adding a tailpipe. I wan't to for the looks but don't want to lose the loudness.

If I were you I'd get some cut-outs installed. I was thinking of doing that with mine should I decide to make tail pipes. Then you would have the scream your looking for while having the look with the tips

Also LT's would really pick up the note man, as stated above

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Also I'd like to throw out there that having a screaming car on the outside, and a fairly mellow car on the insdie isn't exactly a bad thing my man. ESPECIALLY if your going on a road trip. I went to Summit (45min drive) when I still had my cat's on and just put my Borla's on and the drone jarred my brain the whole time. Took the same setup and went to take my sister to college for the first time (2hr drive) and the drone just drove me f'ng insane. I got home and the very next day the cat's were gone. The drone pretty much went away and it sounded absolutely phenominal inside. I freakin love Borla, my favorite sounding exhausts period. I've wanted a car with a Borla since I was a kid lol. But at the same time that it sounded so great, trying to carry on a convo was impossible. You'd be yellin at one another and it was just a complete pain in the ass. Mind you this was BEFORE my dumps, when I just had open muffler. Now that my dumps are on it, it still f'n screams on the outside, but you can carry on a convo on the inside. That to me, is the best of both worlds

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. ya that's how I feel man. I have to stick my head out the window to hear my exhaust. And if I go under a bridge you can hear its loud.
Ace-Ventura-Pet-Detective.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk Mobile

5litrarag

Reaction score
]

Thats a shame. I would expect his bassani to be loud inside because it sounds like hell on outside. . Just urks me something that sounds so good on the outside doesn't sound good on the inside with full tail pipes.

Now onto the flowtech and dr gas issues.
I found out dr gas is still around and spintech made the midpipes for Dr.Gas. You can still buy a dr gas midpipe but your paying $360 for a o/r pipe.
I was also told flowtech and drgas aren't anything alike by drgas themselves.

Drgas replied to my post about the flowtech yesterday: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/12607387-post31.html

5litarags did you have the bassani setup with the flowtech? Any videos?
thxs

What pisses me off so bad is the car sounds like catted setup inside when its a full blown o/r setup. I mean when you have a catted midpipe you know a o/r setup will give you the volume you want with other setups, but im already maxed out volume wise without touching the engine.

Well I just got off the phone with Boyd (the founder and head designer at Dr. Gas) and it turns out they are indeed back in business and they will be making and improving their stuff. I dont know if I have ever said it here, but I was a distributor for their products for a few years...mainly as a hobby, but I sold to a quite a few people on corral and other places.
We spoke for a few minutes and I fully intend to get back on board with them and sell their pipes. So yes, the flowtech IS NOT EXACTLY the same, but it was the closest thing thats been available the last 12 months or so.
I did not have the bassani/flowtech setup but a friend of mine who I had sold pipes to before did and he said it was similar enough for him. Not sure how an O/R setup isnt "enough sound" for you, but maybe you wanna try those Freqmod mufflers to get some more sound. Not sure what else to tell you man...

hottwheels04

Reaction score
with a cam it will be louder @idle with the lope, but I did notice with my bassani and slp setup was not to loud until you went full throttle then it sounded badasss and throaty

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista i think they are different, let me try again.

how the hell do you post the vid so you see it in the thread?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with Boyd (the founder and head designer at Dr. Gas) and it turns out they are indeed back in business and they will be making and improving their stuff. I dont know if I have ever said it here, but I was a distributor for their products for a few years...mainly as a hobby, but I sold to a quite a few people on corral and other places.
We spoke for a few minutes and I fully intend to get back on board with them and sell their pipes. So yes, the flowtech IS NOT EXACTLY the same, but it was the closest thing thats been available the last 12 months or so.
I did not have the bassani/flowtech setup but a friend of mine who I had sold pipes to before did and he said it was similar enough for him. Not sure how an O/R setup isnt "enough sound" for you, but maybe you wanna try those Freqmod mufflers to get some more sound. Not sure what else to tell you man...
Oh nooooo i want the bassani sound. I just want it louder inside. I dont see myself going back to any other muffler. No other muffler will make me happy and never has. I put 23523 exhaust combos on my mustangs. Your friend bassani clip has always sounded so sick me so im sticking to bassani. I dont really like the high rpm scream in that video. I love the tone it has when hes taking off slowly and shifting gear. That is the sound i want.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I give bassani the best award for a quiet interior muffler but hell on the outside.

Just made a clip noticed it sounds very similar if i drive it like granny, but its way to quiet. If you listen closely you hear a very close sound to 5literags friend.
Sounds very similar to the white sn95 with bassani, but its way to quiet just shifting like grandma. I believe heads/cam/intake would be sound very similar to his without the longtubes. - http://youtu.be/PkTN9GFfErk

Sounds pretty sweet outside gunning it with no traction. Nice echo and everything- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTw3X1wxy4&feature=youtu.be

This setup will get you in trouble. Atleast with loud mufflers you know when your extra loud outside from the loudness inside. With these mufflers you can be having a convestation inside and be waking the dead outside without knowing it.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
when I click the links i posted the video plays, any idea why they dont work for you?

Tried my phone and main computer. Both dont work. Maybe because its locked down security wise.

Tried my laptop and the videos work but lol.. crappy lap top speakers aren't cutting it.

Ill try again on a desktop to see how it sounds on your car. X pipe and longtubes?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online