roush 427-r

tooslow

Reaction score
a friend just picked one up today. i've yet to see it, but i should some time today.

what do you guys know about them? worth the money? if you have one, how does it run?

i know these questions will answer themselves this afternoon, but it gives something to talk about.

my thoughts:

very nice collectors car. very rare. but is still just a tuned GT.

Downshift

Reaction score
I have always liked Roushs about as much as any other mustang. Ya I guess you could say its just a tuned GT but it still comes with a lot of other stuff and the supercharger. How much did he pay for it? They are pretty sweet if you have the money why not lol.

94Vert

Reaction score
they were rated at 427 hp, that's not too shabby i think they were around 50k

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
yeah, i believe it was at $49k. but they paid him a couple thousand to take it.

he traded in a regency f-250 badlander

mean green

Reaction score
be trueful i dont like the roush cars for some reason and for 50k you can go buy a 03-04 cobra do a lil stuff and bust its ass :boink:

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
so how was it?

overall, very FUN car.

didn't get to drive it, he's an ass. lol. but it is very nice. the ride and handleing are amazing. doesn't feel anything like riding in my GT. so, i'm pretty impressed. i like the way it looks.

BUT, heres the huge but. it didn't really deliver too much on the actual being fast part. it pulls like no joke and the s/c scream is pure sex. i think my brother kind of killed his and our buzz we had going on when he walked it in his almost stock z28.

it completely over shadows my lil nPI 4.6, but it didn't fair to well against the LS1. right off the back it dropped a car and pretty much stayed there. at the top of each gear it looked like he was going to real him in and pass, only to fall farther behind when he shifted.

i looked up specs, the average for them are 13.2-13.4 1/4 mile times.

other than being an average accelerating car, its an awsome machine. throw some twisty roads at it, and the z28 wouldn't have a chance.

for $50k, there are better cars. but its a roush though, so you do get your $$ worth in the the car as a whole.

i know

:pics:

i'll try and get some if i see him again today. its DSG with black decals. very mean looking mofo.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
mean green said:
i still like the 03-04 cobras :behind:

i dont really care for 03-04 cobras or roushs if a ls1 can whoop it for 50k i would trade the car back in haha i can take a 5k fox and build it into a mean platform for a fraction of the cost but i agree if i was going to drop large bones what i want first and formost would be a 03-04 mach 1 but i would have to say a 03-04 cobra seems to be much more reasonable at half the cost

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
my brothers Z has your basic LS1 beginner type stuff.

-Lid
-cat-back
-3.73 gears
-torque converter (don't remember exact specs)
-nitto 555r DR's

its an A4 obviously.

give the guy a few weeks to get used to the car and learn how to shift it right and he should stay side by saide or beat him outright. to drop back at every shift, that is just driver error.

was still expecting much more from it though given the 120ish rwhp advantage it has.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a litghter car and the auto won that race.

Thanks for the feedback.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
so your saying i can spend 50k to be competative with a 6k car...hmmm sounds like a bad deal to me haha hell my 94 that i have maybe 5k into runs better then a 50k roush....i guess if you have money to blow on a "name" then go for it ..i will take the extra 45k i saved and put it to something more practical

tooslow said:

-Lid
-cat-back
-3.73 gears
-nitto 555r DR's

its an A4 obviously.

give the guy a few weeks to get used to the car and learn how to shift it right and he should stay side by saide or beat him outright. to drop back at every shift, that is just driver error.

was still expecting much more from it though given the 120ish rwhp advantage it has.

Downshift

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
so your saying i can spend 50k to be competative with a 6k car...hmmm sounds like a bad deal to me haha hell my 94 that i have maybe 5k into runs better then a 50k roush....i guess if you have money to blow on a "name" then go for it ..i will take the extra 45k i saved and put it to something more practical

tooslow said:

-Lid
-cat-back
-3.73 gears
-nitto 555r DR's

its an A4 obviously.

But you gotta figure its a Roush. Not just another built fox body. Its a special edition mustang. Not to mention its got 400 something horsepower in a car thats really smooth and not just a loud car that makes you tired to drive. Yes its over priced. I wouldnt probably every pay more than 35k for a brand new car. But theres reasons why its so expensive.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i just cant see it ...but i think anything built after 05 looks terrible soooo thats playing into it as well.... theres styling and theres performance...and i think both can be had for a lot less then 50k ... special editions or not...ford has really over done the limited edition stangs since the new body style hit the market i think it would be harder to find just a gt...it seems like everything is a special edition that they produce now

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
update:

the car is getting quicker. not only was this car this guys first mustang, its actually the first car he's ever owned. He has only owned big trucks. slamming gears in a mustang is a bit different than the granny gears that come in trucks. Still no really hard launch tries are powershifting, but he's smooth enough with it now to stay right along side the brothers z28.

not too shabby.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It's called a 427R, but it's not a 427. Gay.

I don't care if it makes 427 hp, that's still retarded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online