s-trim install on my 94 cobra

Maniak87

Reaction score
did some work on my blower install last month while i was in for spring break. it was hard to work cuz its was so cold! don't have a heated garage . i went at a moderate pace and wasnt able to finish it within the week. so far ive removed parts to make way for the blower and braket, tapped the oil pan (scary ), bent the ac line (in the way of belt/pulley), reroute hose for heater core, installed t-fitting for oil feed line, cut hole for the power pipe, installed new 39lb injectors and installed the blower on the new bracket with the smog delete pulley.

ran into some issues with the oil cooler lines though. they get in the way of the new alternator braket and oil sending unit. i decided to ditch the cooler as it just runs hot coolant to the top of the oil filter. figure its doing very little. it would be good to keep cuz i may road race the car in the future but if i plan on using one i will get a better after market one. i am also deciding to ditch the smog pump as its not needed cuz i dont have cats and the install would be easier cuz i wouldnt have to modify the hoses or remove it from the original braket. had to spend another 80 for the eliminator kit though

then i ran into another issue with the UPR power pipe. eventhough it says it will fit 94-95 mustangs with a vortech, it doesnt. after researching on forums, not one person was able to make it fit with the new design. went with the UPR because it was cheaper than the AFM power pipe but now i am going to have to spend the extra cash and go with that one. not going to use the stock intake that comes with the kit, its garbage.

things left to install:
fuel pump
power pipe
upper intake (broke bolts, have to find new ones)
s/c pulley tensioner
serpentine belt/blower belt
various electrical connections and vaccum hoses
mount boost gauge/water temp gauge in a-pillar pods (have no idea how to wire them up)

here are some pics:

superchargerinstall018ta2.jpg

superchargerinstall004fx6.jpg

superchargerinstall003td1.jpg

superchargerinstall113mm0.jpg

will be home in 2 1/2 weeks and will post final progress shortly after!

94Vert

Reaction score
nice work man, hopefully the next step will go smooth for you.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
94Vert said:
nice work man, hopefully the next step will go smooth for you.

i sure hope so! good thing i had a real long break.

97vertstang

Reaction score
ur gonna have to cut a bigger hole than that if u want to use the afm power pipe.

94pacecar435

Reaction score
looking good. it took me and 5.hoe a few days to install the blower on my car also. are biggest problem was the oil line fittings. i bought the kit used so some parts were missing. i also ditched the oil cooler lines and just went to a gt oil filter.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
looking good. it took me and 5.hoe a few days to install the blower on my car also. are biggest problem was the oil line fittings. i bought the kit used so some parts were missing. i also ditched the oil cooler lines and just went to a gt oil filter.

yeah, i really didnt want to ditch it but it was easiest to do for now.

i am going to run the same oil filter. NAPA had the same part number for GT and cobra.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
ur gonna have to cut a bigger hole than that if u want to use the afm power pipe.

UPR is the same size as the powerpipe. hole should be big enough. if not, have to cut more off, no biggie.

2 ROWDY

Reaction score
very nice man, keep us updated! I plan on doing an Strim on my 94 Cobra very soon!

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
2 ROWDY said:
very nice man, keep us updated! I plan on doing an Strim on my 94 Cobra very soon!

will keep u guys updated!

hoped to get more response :(

94pacecar435

Reaction score
try to keep it as clean as possible. i fucked up and cut a lot out of the inside of the fender and now it looks like shit. youre gonna love the power ull be making. heres some pics of my powerpipe.
pics007.jpg

pics005.jpg

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
damn, you really took a chunk outa that :eek:

why did u take so much off?

how much power are you makin?

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
cool. thanks for that link! i'm not going to have to worry about that FMU cuz i'm skiping that step all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online