S281 question

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Its probably been covered but I'm not gonna lie. I'm too lazy to search. I'm just looking for the best place to buy a 281 wing from. Quality and price wise. I know you guys know. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea its not the best, if you buy any thing from them, it will need quite a bit of prep work :laugh:

OP
OP
D

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
So how is the quality on the Downs and Stage 3 ones? Prep work on that wing shouldn't be to hard to fix, aslong as the wing itself is straight.

Jeremy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dark-5.0 said:
So how is the quality on the Downs and Stage 3 ones? Prep work on that wing shouldn't be to hard to fix, aslong as the wing itself is straight.

Jeremy

the places that sell the real Saleen stuff ( like Downs Ford ) gets their stuff from Saleen. Like my wing I got came from downs ford but it was in a factory Saleen box, the wing was in OK shape, it did need to be put out in the sun to take proper form. Other than that it just needed regular prep work.....sanding and so forth. I have posted pics did you get to see them?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can go for saleen but I have talked to at least 5 people that said they need LOTS of prep work and even molding/bending the wing to fit the trunk well. A guy on stangnet just got a full ABC kit and the wing and said it fit great so im sure with a bit of work it would fit perfect.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
You can go for saleen but I have talked to at least 5 people that said they need LOTS of prep work and even molding/bending the wing to fit the trunk well. A guy on stangnet just got a full ABC kit and the wing and said it fit great so im sure with a bit of work it would fit perfect.

From what ive heard the saleen mold is tough to copy? How does this abc exclusive wing look matt? Any pics?

Because there is a cervinis type too, which is similar but not the same curve etc...

OP
OP
D

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to get one that I wouldn't have to remold. Sanding and what not isn't a problem. Are you talking about the silver vert on stangnet. I saw that and it does appear to fit great. If thats abc's then I may go for it. My side exhaust skirts came from them and they looked great out of the box.

Jeremy

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tony Montana said:
Matt94GT said:

From what ive heard the saleen mold is tough to copy? How does this abc exclusive wing look matt? Any pics?

Because there is a cervinis type too, which is similar but not the same curve etc...

Here are pics of a full ABC kit including wing.

9-26-2006018.jpg

9-26-2006020.jpg

9-26-2006008.jpg

rear.jpg

I dont think he did any forming/flexing the wing for a perfect fit so if u ask me it looks like it fits pretty damn good for just prepping, painting and slapping on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online