Saleen Series 1 Supercharger

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
Quick question.. around how much power should be expected from this setup if i were to run it on my stock NPI motor with just a PI intake/cams?

you wouldnt use your PI intake.

and im also wondering on this

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you wouldnt use your PI intake.

and im also wondering on this

huh. so the intake manifold that comes with the supercharger is still an npi one? thats gonna be some pretty limited power.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
huh. so the intake manifold that comes with the supercharger is still an npi one? thats gonna be some pretty limited power.

not quite, it has its own built into it. notice the aluminum runners under the blower housing

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
it should be a nice add on the intake is high flow so a big increase from a stock npi intake. i cant remember but i think saleen put 350hp number on them at normal boost but i will look back they only produce them in 98 if i am not mistaken

OP
OP
R

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score
Ok guys it fits mustangs with the npi heads. So only 96-98 after 99 we all know they switched to pi heads. So it dose limit the power because you have to use the npi heads. As far as how much it will put down i have seen guys do 330-350 rwhp with just the sc on and some small ad ons. Boost is at 10lbs at wot stock but at wot i would see 12lbs with the power pipe. it could be more with a smaller pulley. Any other questions Guys? I must say for a small m90 this thing was a nice improvement. Pulled very well down low.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was being serious when i said by the end of summer i'll take it off your hands if you still have it.
Seems like no one wants to step up and grab it, so hopefully it can hold out for a couple of months.

OP
OP
R

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score
Ya i know you were! i was just hoping to free up some cash soon so i can get looking for a new stang in the next month or so after i sell mine. Ya i have had some offers and things but nothing to serious. All the local people call me and are so confused what it is lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was a bit confused at first too, hence why i starting asking questions.
It's a bit sad, but i didnt realize saleen supercharged the 96-98 mustang. I know the newer s281's were.. but not these ones.

OP
OP
R

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score
Ya i had no idea either when i first saw it. The reason i bought the car in the first place because of the sc. From what i know it was in 98 when they put them on. Their first roots blowers they put on, in the years before they used centrifugal superchargers.

reds_98gt

Reaction score
So what would I all need to install this on my car and what seals would need to be replaced, what size fuel pump would be required?

OP
OP
R

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score
You would need a bigger fuel pump. Im not sure what size but something a bit bigger. I would replace the one from the intake and the one the back of the sc. They are oem. You would need a tune and a few odd and ends.

LilRoush

Reaction score
Glad for you to see it sold.... sad I didn't come up with some extra money to buy it. Someone is going to be very happy with this spinning under their hood.

OP
OP
R

rio red 95 vert

Reaction score
YA me too. Took less then i wanted but went to a good home. Guy only needed a few parts for his saleen. So you may see the intake and blower for sale again soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slickmop

Members online