Saleen Style Exhaust Tips?

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Ok i have a magnaflow catback on my car and i put on a saleen kit.
Now as you can see my left tail pipe is almost touching the bumper and there old and dirty. Im looking for a tailpipe setup like this, however im not sure what size, cut, length to get to match that. Im pretty sure thats a borla catback.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Could you put up some better pictures so we could help you out some more, you're pictures are confusing me.

Do 22" and 3.5" wide...very good set up.

ProKiller

Reaction score
the blue car is the original saleen catback which, i believe like you said, was borla. they don't make it anymore with the machine gun tips. best thing to do is loosen up your exhaust and adjust it to get it sit in the bumper better.

Austinx56

Reaction score
the blue car is the original saleen catback which, i believe like you said, was borla. they don't make it anymore with the machine gun tips. best thing to do is loosen up your exhaust and adjust it to get it sit in the bumper better.
correct borla braided tips

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score

I am going to do that but i am also looking for new tips. Is their any similar ones to that? should i get rolled or slant cut tips? I know i need fox body tails to get the curve look, but i just want similar tailpipes.

so you're just looking for new tips?

Yes

ProKiller

Reaction score
similar style....not that i'm aware of. i prefer slant cut myself, never much been a fan of rolled.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
The pic of the blue car you linked looks like it has LX style tail pipes that have been polished. I don't know if thats the kind of answer you're looking for. I don't know any other brands make a style of tail pipe that angles upwards like that. But they're definitely only like 2.5" or 3" max. They're not that big.

9838stang

Reaction score
if you want to fab some up, get a borla catback kit like everyone is saying that has those tips, and get some steel grate mesh, kinda like you would find on an outdoor portable fire pit and roll the mesh up tight, and find a ring and clamp set up to press the mesh up tight to the borla tip. that is the only way i think u could make em...

FaykSaleen

Reaction score
I have those!

IMG_0605.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Super old picture but it works lol

By the way, yes they are Saleen specific tail pipes manufactured by Borla, or were manufactured by Borla

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
938382525825 Stang had a good idea then. Get a cheese grater and clamp it around some new tips.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Gutter mesh would be perfect and it's already in a circular form. You would just have to buy one piece for the top and one for the bottom of each tail pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican