SCT switchable tune chip switch

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
WHO IS THE DUMB MOFO THAT DESIGNED THIS THING:shocked:? Was he planning on people having their children along to make the adjustments on it and the rest of us need to hire a dwarf with good eyes to help us, or no one ever actually using it:thumbsup:? First if I could actually see what tune# it was on with out it being 3" from my face would be absolutely amazingly USEFULL but then if they either made it big enough for a 12 yr olds hand or gave us tweezers to adjust it would be great.... They use to rip you off for that ugly pos switch for the nice price of $40 but I guess between the option of never using it or mounting that ugly pos, they didn't sell any(wonder why?!). Has anyone ever found a reasonably priced, good looking alternative or did everyone else just ball the cable up behind the glove box? Seems like there should be a better way...........

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Idk man I've never had a problem reading or adjusting it. I ran mine up inside the glove box so it's convenient to adjust.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can honestly see, read and adjust that shit? In the glove box from the drivers seat? I call bs....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
WAAAAAY too small. If you look at the pic to get an idea of the size look at the hrns on the other end and its barely bigger then that. maybe slightly larger then 1/4" square and then 8 different areas for that itty bittty thingy to go too.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can honestly see, read and adjust that shit? In the glove box from the drivers seat? I call bs....

never had a problem seeing or reading it, but I've never had to adjust it from the drivers seat. I left a little slack in the wire so it comes out of the glove box a bit. would you like me to make you a video of me adjusting it lol

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ask because I noticed my car runs a little lean with the cut-outs open and considered since I need to get it retuned anyway getting one written to correct this. I would like to be able to adjust it from the seat with out too much trouble(leaning/squinting/hoping) and with as small as it is I would have too do all 3 of those.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well, once you get it right and it's on the right setting you'll have no need to adjust it so it doesn't really matter. If it was something you had to adjust all the time I could maybe see it being annoying but for how little you have to use it it's fine to get the job done. It's not something you can adjust on the fly so it's not really that important to be able to get to it from the drivers seat.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
See that is the thing I would like to be able to adjust depending on if I have my cut outs open or closed which I am finding is too much fun to play with. I would like to put it in the consol if I could get it that far but for the time being I would just settle for being able to see/adjust it. Sounds like you have not messed with it a lot either I don't think its as easy as you remember.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
sct-lighter-switch-1988-1993.jpg

Never had trouble with this..

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not the best looking(5 screws?) and when you put it into perspective that the numbers are smaller then the little screws, and the whole switch is smaller then a shirt button to hold I still have to ask WHY CAN'T WE MAKE IT NORMAL SIZED?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
See that is the thing I would like to be able to adjust depending on if I have my cut outs open or closed which I am finding is too much fun to play with. I would like to put it in the consol if I could get it that far but for the time being I would just settle for being able to see/adjust it. Sounds like you have not messed with it a lot either I don't think its as easy as you remember.

Adder just reworked my tune so I used it no more than a couple weeks ago. Also I've never heard of a car that needed a different tune for exhaust cutouts, also my understanding is you can't switch the tune while the car is running anyhow so if you wanted to switch you'd have to shut the car off before turning the knob.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I understand that its not something you switch with the ignition on, I understand that its not something that YOU have had a need to adjust.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
so being that you said you like to use the cutouts a lot, are you suggesting that every time you want to open them you're going to turn the car off, switch the tune and restart it with the cutouts open? and then the same thing when you close them? lol come on man, that's hardly even worth it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes that is what I said above that 3pm in the start of rush hour traffic on the highway I am wanting to know how long it will take me to shut my car down and restart it if I decide to open the cut outs - isn't that the question at hand? traffic be damned that is what I said I was going too do above and what I was asking correct? No. I asked if there was an option that would make it bigger/easier to use so I am not so sure why everyone is assuming one thing or going off on another or give a shit why I am doing it. It has switchable options but neither the cable nor the switch make them usable from short of 8" away from it and the cable hardly reaches the shifter. I paid extra for it, it has the option to make changes I am curious about and I WANT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ACCESS TO IT so shit man get over all YOUR issues with what ever it is people....

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Huh??? Man that is your only option or make your own with as big number as you want... Simple... Or get a magnifying glass..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online