Seat material identification

awakened

Reaction score
Can someone help me identify what this material is called? This is probably a no-brainer for most of you but I am new to SN95 mustangs. I picked up these front seats from Craigslist for a very good price. I would like to track down a matching rear seat and would like to now what this material is called so that I get an exact match. I was told that the seats were from a 95 mustang but that is all I know. Is that true? What model of mustang would these have been from? You can see that they have distinctive blue and orange threads in a light pattern. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
20160305_194643.jpeg

20160305_194718.jpeg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yea.....good luck! Same seats as mine. Ive watched craigslist hard to find a nicer seat than my drive side. It has the famous bolster damage from entering/exiting the car. Way I understand it, the fabric is glued to the foam. Seperation destroys the foam.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have always heard them referred to as gray tweed interior and even see them advertised on eBay and classifieds like that.

OP
OP
A

awakened

Reaction score
I have heard gray tweed as well but wasn't sure if there were different variations. Any guess on the year? Are they 95? Base model or GT? That will help narrow what they are called.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

5PointSnow

Reaction score
My build sheet refers to them as opal grey "Boulder/Stewart" cloth sport bucket seats and yeah I don't see them on too many mustangs actually, they came on my 95.

OP
OP
A

awakened

Reaction score
Thanks 5PointSnow! That's great information.Your material has the same occasional blue and orange thread? If you have the opportunity, could I see what your rear seat looks like?

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Thanks 5PointSnow! That's great information.Your material has the same occasional blue and orange thread? If you have the opportunity, could I see what your rear seat looks like?

yeah it has small threads of colour within the material I'll take a picture of it tomorrow for ya

OP
OP
A

awakened

Reaction score
Thanks 5PointSnow! That will help when I'm looking through Craigslist for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online