Seat track repair or replacement interchange

DonDDR

Reaction score
Wifey just got her first Mustang, a super clean 98. The power driver seat does not move very well with someone sitting in the seat, but operates ok when not sitting on it. Not sure its an easy fix, just better to replace wit a fine used one? Will all SN tracks fit or are there design changes over the years?

Thanks.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You need a 94-98 if you want direct replacement. They have aluminum rails that are known to break but can be fixed. Yours may be a motor issue.

They can be found on ebay and are an easy swap. I keep a spare in my garage just in case mine goes.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
A- Is the seat sturdy when you sit in it?

YES- GOOD! Seat track is good
NO- BAD! Broken rail- welding or get a new one.

B- How does the motor sound when being moved?

STRUGGLE- Remove seat track, clean motor and parts, grease, good to go!
SPINS QUICKLY- BAD! Shafts are broken or have fallen loose. Inspect and hopefully you can just put them back in and your good to go.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to think that's a motor issue. If it was the seat track it I'd imagine it wouldn't like moving regardless of load.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Years ago I had my the worm gear that moves it forward/back bind up on me. I took it out and cleaned it off with wd40 and then wiped that off and regreased it. Must have been 7-8 yrs ago, never had an issue after that. Not sure how it collected so much dust but it looked like the lent collection on a dryer....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online