secondary air/EGR

95PGTTech

Reaction score
98 cobra - stick

will the computer know if I pull the secondary air system out of the car, and/or the EGR? I only ask because it's New Jersey, and we fail for codes. We are getting a SCT X-CAL2, does that have the feature to turn off codes? I realize the computer will still see the codes and set failures, and it simply won't act on them or set the light on, but I don't want to be driving with the light on. obsessive/compulsive and I want to know when problems come up. if the light is always on........

I ask because on some fords you can easily get away with it and the computer has no idea so long as you put a resistor in the EGR position sensor, it thinks everything is there and working fine. I'm trying to get some small weight out of the engine compartment without sacrificing air conditioning and clean the engine bay up a little. a manual rack will be next (every car I've ever had has had one, I actually prefer it over power steering).

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I know that you can delete your EGR by taking it out of the car and then tuning for it with the Xcal 2 and throw no codes!

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
sweet. I'm not worried about the visual inspection, the guys here are idiots. I blatanty (to a probe guy) ran no EGR on my probe when it was turbo'd, pretty easy to see aftermarket stainless turbo piping and no EGR line connected to it, but that was OBDI.

as long as the light is not on, I'm fine :drunk:

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
thanks guys, that sheet is leaving the building when I put in the headers then. I think I'm going to try to do the smog system too and see what happens, god that shit is ugly. :mad:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
thanks guys, that sheet is leaving the building when I put in the headers then. I think I'm going to try to do the smog system too and see what happens, god that shit is ugly. :mad:

tell me about it. i just put an 01 motor in last month and underneath my hood is a wire nightmare. :(

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
yeah not to mention the ten thousand vacuum lines. sigh, ford building intelligence. I need a door to open and close, so I'm going to use an electrical system to trigger a relay to run power to the solenoid to allow vacuum to pass to open or close it.

:help2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online