set timing and runs horrible

RichV

Reaction score
I had a link to the SN strategy versus the Fox ECU and it outlined this. I'll post if I find it.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never heard of a stock ecu having a feature like that. I have herd of people who are really in to autox or drag getting a ecu modified with some sort if rev match... It also holds throttle even when I'm not shifting. You hit the gas and let off and about 3 seconds later you feel the throttle back off.

When mine had a hanging throttle, I traced it to a dead spot in the TPS. You can use a multi meter to test it.
A base idle reset might also help.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
When mine had a hanging throttle, I traced it to a dead spot in the TPS. You can use a multi meter to test it.
A base idle reset might also help.

^ This.

While cleaning the TPS and IAC sensors could help, making sure the TPS voltage is correct AND as CC'S95GT stated, making sure there are no dead spots in the TPS by keeping a voltmeter on it, and slowly opening the throttle blade by hand (engine off) and looking for a jump in voltage.. With the blade closed the voltage should read 0.97-0.99 volts, and should smoothly increase as the throttle body blade is opened (I can't remember what the final number is, maybe 5 volts? (just a guess on that part).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online