Setrab USA Power Steering Cooler for You Maniacs!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just another update, I ended up switching one of the mounting of the cooler so that it sits leveled to avoid any deficiency in the efficiency. Also, I removed and tighten all the fittings, and as of this weekend, NO LEAKS! Cant wait to try this out.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sneak pic of some of the pictures I will featuring on the two articles I will be posting on my site.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You can read the full article here: https://maddmotorsportsdesign.blog/...ecide-to-install-a-power-steering-oil-cooler/

After researching and not being pleased with the quality of coolers that I found, I decided to reach out to Setrab USA for recommendation and assistance. I have had good success running their oil cooler for the engine oil and thought it would have been a great idea to reach out and expressed a few concerns about price and placement.
If you are NOT going to run a fan, you will need to place the cooler in an area that has good airflow, which for the SN95, will be in front of the radiator. However, that posed an issue for me because I already have a large oil cooler blocking the radiator, and adding another cooler will block more of the direct air flow to the radiator. That was not going to work for me. Marv mentioned that if I would consider running a Fanpack (which adds to cost), it will give me more flexibility in where I can mount the cooler because the fan will provide the air supply. The FP113M22I fanpack was the answer to all my problems. Not only is the Fanpack inexpensive, it is small enough to not limit my options for mounting.

The placement was chosen for one simple reason, it just made sense.

• The area was easy to install,
  • Having the cooler in an easy access area will make it better for maintenance,
  • It would not interfere with rotating parts,
  • The location is in a moderate to high pressure area of the front of the vehicle,
  • High pressure area will provide ample air flow to the cooler if you make a ducting opening, AND
  • Because it is directly behind the bumper, you will only need a short duct hose, or none at all.
Once again, it just made sense.
A Thermal Switch was also installed to help with the cooling of the oil. Instead of having the fan wired to a toggle switch, it will be wired to the 180*F Thermal Switch. This is convenient because I would not need to run a temperature gauge, remember to turn on the switch, or perhaps turn it on when it is not needed. The setup that Marv recommended was exactly what I needed.
The FP113M22I Fanpack was introduced to use for DSG transmissions, high-performance street differentials, UTV engine oil cooling, and Formula Drift power steering applications.
What is the advantage of running this pack?
It is very small, however, it is extremely high performing. Because of its size and self-contained air supply you can mount it almost anywhere.
Why is this an advantage?
Because without a self-contained air supply, you will have to mount it in an area with good airflow, which usually means blocking the radiator. However, with a fan blowing 148CFM (at 0 static pressure), you can mount the cooler wherever you have space! And trust me, this Fanpack can fit in a lot of places!

COMING SOON! Directions on how to install P/N FP113M22I.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Installation instructions are published! Click the link: https://maddmotorsportsdesign.blog/2017/11/24/installing-the-setrab-fp113m22i-fanpack/

What is being installed
  • Setrab Fanpack (P/N FP113M22I)
    • Series 1, 13-Row Oil Cooler (P/N 50-113-7612)
    • Single Spahl Electric fan w/shroud

• Setrab ProLine Mounting Brackets (P/N 23-1002)

• Setrab AN06-AN06 Thermal Switch Assembly, 180º (P/N 31-TS180-06)
  • Low Pressure Steel Braided Hoses (P/N 21-SSN06-B)
  • Fittings:
    • Oil Cooler:
      • M22-AN06 Adapter x2 (P/N 22-M22AN06-SE)
    • Hose to oil cooler:
      • "Hot" Side: 90* AN06 RU(Reuseable hose end) x1 (P/N 22-AN06SUAN06-90)
      • "Cold" side: 90* AN06 with a 3/8" hose end (barbed) x1. Please note, if you are not converting to steel braided hoses, you will need two of these fittings.
    • Power Steering Rack (low Pressure):
      • Shortened 5/8"-18-AN06 ORB adapter fitting x1. If you purchased the Maximum Motorsports' Power Steering Rack fittings, you can use those instead. Please note the M16x1.5 fitting will NOT work.
      • 90* AN06 RU(Reuseable hose end) x1 (P/N P/N 22-AN06SUAN06-90)

Tools and Supplies Needed
  • AN06 Wrench or 11/16" Wrench
  • 3/4" Wrench
  • 5/8" Wrench
  • M22 (or 7/8") Wrench
  • 5/32" or 4mm Hex Key Tool (Allen Wrench)
  • Female Wire Connectors
  • Ring Wire Connectors
  • Stripping/crimper Pliers
  • 18-gauge AWG Wire
  • 8mm Socket and Ratchet
  • Needle-Nose Pliers
  • 3/4" Socket and Ratchet
  • Drip Pan
  • 242 (blue) Locktite, or Hydraulic Sealant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads