setup for metal?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can someone give me some tips for a amp/sub setup for mostly for metal? I wanna put a nice setup in my new f250 later on and want to start getting some ideas. I was looking at elemental designs and rosance engineering but I know nothing about them. Some help please?

Crone

Reaction score
Rockford fosgate has some pretty sick 8" subs. I wouldn't go any bigger then 10's though, smaller subs will hit faster, and with the double bass in metal it'd be a better bet. Are you lookin for something that is gonna be rediculous? or just to add to the sound? I have a rockford fosgate amp I will sell you for 100 dollars :dontknow: I know its a competition amp, I can't remember what class, but I beleive it's a 1400 watt. Back when I used to listen to hardcore it worked great for me, but I mostly listen to country now, so it'd be a waste in my car lol. PM me if your intrested man

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Is that 1400 Watt the RMS? Cause unless he buys a crazy sub that is WAY too much power for a single subwoofer. Just for example a RF P3 is 500 watts RMS and so is the Alpine Type R.

Honestly for metal I will agree that a 8" would work but I say put in a 10" but make a decent enclosure so if you listen to something else, it will be able to sound almost like a 12".

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah I want to feel it in my chest, but I want it to be nice and tight overall, I dont want loud, I just wanna feel the double bass. I heard good things about the elemental designs, plus you can buy a box specific for the sub. I dunno yet though, still just pondering.

Thanks guys

Crone

Reaction score
I have no idea :dontknow: I'm not very experienced with audio systems, I have had a few different setups in my other cars, But I never went all out with it. I had it hooked up to a 12" I gotten for free, and it worked great untill it blew lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online