Sheered passenger side crossmember mount

chasingomas

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I'm Chase :)

I'm building a 1995 mustang GT from pretty much a shell. I went to go install the crossmember when i realized the passenger side crossmember mount was just completely gone haha that seems pretty big.

I'm working on pretty much no budget as I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I applied for disability nearly two months ago, so I could have another 1-3 months of waiting as most people get denied the first time. I'm saying all that to explain why I can't just go pay someone to fix it. I just want to get the car on the road and was planning on completely replacing the suspension once I'm on disability and have some income.

My friend said I could possibly rat rod it by taking the mount off another mustang at the junkyard, making holes, and bolting it in. I'm building the car pretty much exclusively as a daily/drift missile and I'm worried the bolts wont hold up but again, it only needs to last a couple months.

I've attached pictures for clarity! Any help or advice is appreciated, even on related subjects. I am new to building cars! Anyways thank y'all so much :)

images (in google drive, sorry couldn't find a proper free image sharing site, if not allowed, please direct me to the right site :)!): mount images (x2)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry to hear you are in the disability system. I went through it in 2009 when my GI problems became a daily event and was denied my first time and know what a shot to the ego it is to finally make that decision. If you do not have an advocate/lawyer go get one. The system is made by lawyers for lawyers and don't just take the one that sounds good, ask around and see if you can find someone good. In the end it took me 3 years to get approved but thankfully my lawyer was able to get the judgement backdated so they started the judgement that I was disabled from the date on my original application.

OP
OP
C

chasingomas

Reaction score
sorry to hear you are in the disability system. I went through it in 2009 when my GI problems became a daily event and was denied my first time and know what a shot to the ego it is to finally make that decision. If you do not have an advocate/lawyer go get one. The system is made by lawyers for lawyers and don't just take the one that sounds good, ask around and see if you can find someone good. In the end it took me 3 years to get approved but thankfully my lawyer was able to get the judgement backdated so they started the judgement that I was disabled from the date on my original application.
Thanks for your kind words. I will definitely listen to you and ask around for an advocate/lawyer through my psychiatry team. It's definitely a lot and I've been experiencing the side effects since I was a kid but got diagnosed when i was 18 so I had a whole life where I was masking and just barely coping trying to keep up with everyone and since I got diagnosed everything changed. Im sorry to hear about your disability, I hope you've improved your quality of life since diagnoses and getting stable income :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConnorBlue4Mustang

Members online

No members online now.